I need some reference

Matt

You might want to check out the booklet that comes with the eFX LE as its got some fantastic

line drawings of a stormtrooper helmet. :)

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

As I was digging through my reference this morning, I had an idea. Would anyone be willing to send me some pictures of themselves in their armor in a "T" pose from the front side and back? That would help me a thousand times over in accuracy. :D

No one? ;_;

OK, well I did find some excellent RT reference from Boozel's (Sorry if I spelled it wrong) website. Can someone at least give me an over all width for their helmet? I know FX is a little big, but if that's all I can get I can estimate the difference. Right now mine is looking a little big, and I just want to be sure.

Was it something I said??? :huh:

Anyway, I noticed that the ridge above the eyes (behind the brow in the very front) doesn't go all the way around the face, so I made some mods there, sharpened the crease from the frown, and added the bulge to the teardrops. The bulge isn't Exactly how it should be because of how the poly flow is going. I think it looks good enough and 1000 times better than without it.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

That's looking very good ^_^

'fraid I can't help you with the photos, I have FX kit and you don't want to be using that as a reference. I could give you the width of my MR CE helmet, but it'll have to be later cause I gotta run!

Here's two very rough pic's

the first follows ontop of the recess from around the lid.

HayzRmC.jpg

second pic follows from the centre of the eyes (not around the eye's) LOl :P to the rear of the lid

ktOjVEW.jpg

call me old fashioned but I do prefer the classic asymetric design but good luck either way :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Are you planning on milling your brow trim on the helmet? You might want to remove that and add it on as a true rubber brow trim. You should probably do the same with the Hovi's.

It's looking better every time you post.

-John

Thanks!

Yes, I will be doing the brow separately, as well as the "mic tips(?)" that's why there is no screen in them. I have it setup so it is in four pieces, just like the movie ones. Top/Back, face, and ears. The top/back should be interesting to pull.

I think I'm going to go with wood for the molds, I just hope there won't be too much texture to sand. I'll have to sand a little anyway to get rid of the tooling marks. If I don't go with wood, I was thinking of some high density polyurethane foam, like in the 10-12 lbs/cu. ft. range. I'm going to try and build myself a good Vacuform machine soon.

And Happy fourth of July to any fellow Americans!!!

OK, I got some of the supplies needed to construct the Vac table, including a large sheet of 3/4 MDF which I plan on gluing any scraps together to make the stock for the molds. It seems pretty dense, so it should work well (I hope!).

I was thinking of making a "work journal" to document my progress if anyone is interested; if I do, should I make it in this forum or in the assembly one or what?