TK-11427 Reporting for Duty!

If Only You Knew:

-        The build road is an emotional rollercoaster. Hours of work sometimes has to be redone despite many hours of study and preparation.

-        Most projects require three trips to the hardware store. This one will require many more. Luckily, there's Amazon. :)

-        Just how cool it would be to sit back and look at it while building, especially the helmet.

Oops!:

-        An extra set of ears comes in handy. Thanks Paul.

-        Leave a little real estate around the ankles. It the calf armor is too tight around the ankle, It'll ride up on about step number two.

A funny thing happened on my way to the Death Star:

-        My armor is by TrooperMaster. Originally, it was the ANOVOS price that drew me in but after a couple of conversations with them, their customer service was abysmal and I realized they were only drop shipping from the Chinese manufacturer. I decided it was better to pay more and get a kit made by a fan rather than a faceless Chinese factory, even if it is licensed. I received no instructions, no soft goods and paid almost double what the ANOVOS kit costs and I have no doubt I went the right direction. I could contact the maker for personalized advice and parts and I had the satisfaction of knowing that I bought from someone who cared deeply about the product.

Having been here on FISD for almost a year and having seen all the various armors and the details from the makers, I would absolutely buy from any of the fan makers in the future even if the cost is more than the Chinese option.

Shout Outs:

-      Thanks to Marc Hense (German Garrison) for inviting me over to look at his kit and armor building room while I was waiting for my BBB.

-      UKSWRATH for the best build thread going. A lot of basic questions were answers by a quick look there.

tk-11427_resize001.jpg
tk-11427_resize005.jpg

tk-11427_resize003.jpg

tk-11427_resize004.jpg
tk-11427_resize002.jpg

Edited by Addertime