Chapaaz's RWA-ANH Stunt WIP

If you can't get the riveted snaps to work (it isn't easy is it) you can always have the rivets be for show and add a snap plate just behind.

Yea they're a bit of a pain in the a very impolite person to clip together once the split rivets are in. I've snapped 2 trying to flatten them and I've misshapen a few of the snaps also.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've started my legs this morning, am I right in thinking it's the same principle as the forearms except 20mm cover strips for the shins.

I've measured out about 11mm either side for the front of shin.

7496359c6fa9975e09062f51fe871f88.jpg

The opposite side I'm not sure it's just my eyes or the bend in the abs but I can't get it 11mm all down the front it's about 15mm at top, 14mm at bottom and 11mm in the center.

805aa11bf3812b34de33254f4485a6cc.jpg

One shin trimmed and glued. I would do the other but I have no more magnets. Note if anyone is just starting and reading this, Buy more magnets!! Ha ha

6d15b4ad65288dfd6c0782f6bd26e407.jpg

• Like 1

I'm having a bit of a mare with the kidney and ab brass rivets. I can't seem to get the poppers to connect because of the rivets sticking up over the poppers. I've tried to adjust 2 and they've snapped. How do I get around this??

Hi Chapaaz,

I think your split rivets are still too long. I think if you cut them some more befor you install them it would be easier to close them inside the snaps.

Check Post #34 of my build to see how much I shortened the split rivets. Because it is hard to see: I installed both parts of the Snap inside the Armor. This gave me more material inside the snap to hold the split rivet.

Best regards

Christian

• Like 2

Hi Chapaaz,

I think your split rivets are still too long. I think if you cut them some more befor you install them it would be easier to close them inside the snaps.

Check Post #34 of my build to see how much I shortened the split rivets. Because it is hard to see: I installed both parts of the Snap inside the Armor. This gave me more material inside the snap to hold the split rivet.

Best regards

Christian

That's a good method mate. But, I don't get why anyone would need / want both sides to be functional.

Marc

That's a good method mate. But, I don't get why anyone would need / want both sides to be functional.

Marc

if both sides are functional you can replace the elastic if it gives up or you gain or lose weight.
  • Like 1

if both sides are functional you can replace the elastic if it gives up or you gain or lose weight.

Fair point mate. Prefer the clam shell method myself as I've been the same weight and build for the last thirty years.

Marc

Marc

I think I caused some misunderstanding. Sorry my bad. It seems I phrased my answer the wrong way.

When I said I installed both parts of the snaps inside the armor I meant these parts:

92769C58-9B07-4124-A361-B31C070ED624_zps

And I installed them like this:

3BCB36EE-3BD5-42B9-B26D-A460F114D3C3_zps

The material that you hammer down when you install the snap the way it is ment to, is helping to hold the snap in place when you bend down the ends of the split rivet.

I hope you understand what I mean... at this moment it feels like I'm reaching the limits of my english skills. :o

Edited by Novak Dimon
  • Like 2

I'm busy on with my thighs and I've lined it up and taped it but I have excess at the top of the thigh. It will be covered by the cover strip so does it really matter or should I trim it?

6e39c2e09a5b17fface1283645be982a.jpg

0a62c44b02b860d8eb069b7d95408f52.jpg

7c1184dc06df28773078668c06eec9b8.jpg

Sorry mate, if that's the right thigh then you could line it up from the top as the knee ammo belt would hide the difference

Marc

Ah yea ha ha. Never even clicked on about that.

• Like 1

I have a bit of an issue with the back of the left thigh. Where I need to put the cover strip looks a bit awkward to do with the join at the base.

65b4ad38adc6115056a17a4ca02a1f4f.jpg

As you can see it joins great but I'll show you the side view.

e0219869ac251228e709683c63dd8d54.jpg

So you can see my problem, soon as I put the cover strip on the bottom is gonna be misaligned so how do I overcome that?

I have a bit of an issue with the back of the left thigh. Where I need to put the cover strip looks a bit awkward to do with the join at the base.

65b4ad38adc6115056a17a4ca02a1f4f.jpg

As you can see it joins great but I'll show you the side view.

e0219869ac251228e709683c63dd8d54.jpg

So you can see my problem, soon as I put the cover strip on the bottom is gonna be misaligned so how do I overcome that?

Are you using internal covers? If not, putting on in may support it and assist the external cover pulling both sides together.

Have you got any more pics of the problem area?

Marc

• Like 1