First Order Megablaster build

Here is my finished First Order FMWB-10 light repeating blaster (i.e. the Megablaster) kit. Clint Randall (camprandall) purchased it from 850 Armor Works on my behalf and did much of the gun assembly before shipping it to me. I finished out the gun's details and built out the monopod - including making the necessary mods to make it functional.

This is how it looked when it arrived. The gun itself is held together by two long screws underneath the barrel.The monopod easily detaches but is secure when it's in place. Three separate assemblies makes it less of a pain to transport. :P

28159178743_605757788e_c.jpg

You can find the kit here: https://squareup.com/store/850-armor-works

This is of course what I'm going for:

28489735040_1f0179027d_c.jpg

The gun with the added details - front and rear sights, torx screws, and trigger:

28668908082_da5f867a1c_c.jpg

The finished blaster with monopod attached:

28156589214_56a15c1582_c.jpg

Finally, a couple of practice poses - my first troop with it will likely be Star Wars Night at the Washington Nationals MLB game on August 13th.

28489737680_4d2c6a0db3_c.jpg

28156588174_07ae158e93_c.jpg

If you're wondering, the thing is about 4 1/2 feet long and weighs 13lbs. So yeah, it's a beast to carry. I'm also considering adding metal greeblies to the monopod as shown in the screen shot, and mounting a red strobe inside the barrel that can be turned on/off with a small hidden switch - the trigger itself is static and non-functional.

The monopod required some mods to make it functional, and isn't as stable as I would like it to be. So I'll have to tinker with it some more. Also, I was chatting with the guys at 850 Armor Works last night - turns out that they never intended for it to be functional so they seemed surprised that I was able to do so. All part of the fun. :)

• Like 3

I'm not a fan of this big blaster, but sure it's quite an impressive piece of weaponry to carry around!

And nice job with the monopod. Would have been a shame if it had been left not functional.

Edited by The5thHorseman
  • Like 1