what paint to use

i am inneed of some advice , i live in the uk and need to spray paint my stunt helmet ,i also have FX armour from troopersupplies so i need the colour of the helmet to match the colour of the armour, it needs to be an aerosol can and be able to get the colour i need here in the UK :unsure:

PhoenixFuego said:
This should help-----

chears andy that clears up a couple of things but can i get rustoleum white in the uk as an aerosol? :huh:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

kev1969 said:
chears andy that clears up a couple of things but can i get rustoleum white in the uk as an aerosol? :huh:

Kev

It's available in loads of places in the UK. :)

If you can't find it locally you can always try online

-----

Edited by gmrhodes13

Billhag said:
Kev

It's available in loads of places in the UK. :)

If you can't find it locally you can always try online

-----

Billy,thanks for the link ill shoot them an email thanks guys for your help :D

Edited by gmrhodes13

Any luck with getting the Rustoleum Pro-Enamel in the UK? I've tried and come up totally dry :(

To be honest though, I'd prefer Krylon H2O since it's way glossier. But I can't get that either :angry: Really looking for it in super-glossy Black for a Stealth Trooper helmet. All I can get over here is Krylon Fusion, but that's nowhere near as shiny. Any ideas anyone?

Any luck with getting the Rustoleum Pro-Enamel in the UK? I've tried and come up totally dry :(

To be honest though, I'd prefer Krylon H2O since it's way glossier. But I can't get that either :angry: Really looking for it in super-glossy Black for a Stealth Trooper helmet. All I can get over here is Krylon Fusion, but that's nowhere near as shiny. Any ideas anyone?

Fusion: Spray 1 coat and wait for 7 days. Then, wipe clean and spray another coat.

Let it sit for at least 20-30 days, then wet sand with 1500 grit sandpaper. When dry,

use a polishing compound and it will be glossy.

Fusion: Spray 1 coat and wait for 7 days. Then, wipe clean and spray another coat.

Let it sit for at least 20-30 days, then wet sand with 1500 grit sandpaper. When dry,

use a polishing compound and it will be glossy.

Excellent, thanks :)

Would you also agree with this:

Gloss fusion is glossy if you know what you're doing. You put two good coats of fusion on, let them cure for 3-7 days. Then you wet sand the finish with 1500 grit, it should be perfectly smooth with a matte appearance. Then you buff it out with polishing compound. You will see yourself in the finish it will be that glossy. After 30 days apply a high quality, clearcoat safe (i.e. non stripping) wax. You're good to go. It's nice to have body shop professionals in the family to get tips and secrets from...

I'm a total newb at this, so what polishing compound would you suggest?

Excellent, thanks :)

Would you also agree with this:

I'm a total newb at this, so what polishing compound would you suggest?

Somebody suggested an automotive polish, but I'll be using the NOVUS system...

I wonder if anyone can elaborate for us?...