Brow gap

i was messing with my helmet today as i cant keep my fingers off it, i started the helmet first in my build ( which is complete except from missing pieces from rs, bad timing too as they seemed so damn busy and took weeks to reply) and lets just say i screwed up a couple of times, ok a lot of times, and im trying to work best with what i have i got it riveted up today and noticed this gap, is there anyway to reduce it without removing the rivets, the brow was clamped on both eye hole so i dont know why this side ended up with a gap, looks great from every other angle tho lolNsnYtQl.jpgDtnQbHk.jpgFGDdvD6.jpgp and the other didn't, all help appreciated!

Edited by MrSnrub

you should be fine with the gap.  Remember, the originals were far from perfect and fit of pieces (check out the gaps in the ears).  I'm not sure if its from the way your holding your bucket in the 2nd pic but the eye lens should be closer to the edge, unless it fell due to the way your holding it.  It's ok to have gaps in the lens as well (helps for air flow) but that gap is way to big.  Overall, your bucket is coming along nicely.  Keep asking questions.

you should be fine with the gap.  Remember, the originals were far from perfect and fit of pieces (check out the gaps in the ears).  I'm not sure if its from the way your holding your bucket in the 2nd pic but the eye lens should be closer to the edge, unless it fell due to the way your holding it.  It's ok to have gaps in the lens as well (helps for air flow) but that gap is way to big.  Overall, your bucket is coming along nicely.  Keep asking questions.

yea the lense just fell back as its just green film very flimsy haha 

Edited by MrSnrub

my question was more on how to fix this problem

You would need to remove side screws/rivets and either bring the faceplate forward or you may be able to slightly tilt it down to reduce the gap a little, personally I don't think it looks bad but it's up to you.

If you move the facepate forward it will upset how your ears sit so they will need adjusting and the holes will no longer line up.

As to the bump in the middle of the trim, you could bring the centre down and add a little glue to keep it in place.

Edited by gmrhodes13

You would need to remove side screws/rivets and either bring the faceplate forward or you may be able to slightly tilt it down to reduce the gap a little, personally I don't think it looks bad but it's up to you.

If you move the facepate forward it will upset how your ears sit so they will need adjusting and the holes will no longer line up.

As to the bump in the middle of the trim, you could bring the centre down and add a little glue to keep it in place.

thanks, i thought that would be the case, the bump in the brow isnt really there i had pulled the brow down on the ending of the eyes to make it look like that,i can stylize the brow sine it sits on there so snugly

Edited by MrSnrub
  • Like 1

You only need to remove the rivets on one side of the helmet. I would do it on the left hand side looking where the gap is. The ear should be fine since you are only moving the face plate forward slightly.

Once you have removed the ear and the rivets, use a pencil to mark the new hole on the face plate through the existing hole on the back plate. What I usually do is drill the hole slightly behind the mark to ensure the face plate will be butt-tight against the forehead. If you find there is still a gap then you might need to trim the bump off the top of the face plate. Re-drill the ear cap holes into the face plate and fit the ears.

Job done :)

Edited by troopermaster