How do i connect this up?

Wonder if one of you troopers can help out.I have two battery boxes holding 4AA they both have a 9V conector on the boxes.I want to run both to my rom-fx.

So i would need to make a three way connector,i need to know what wires go were.I have the three 9V ends with wire on them so its a diagram i need?

Hope you can help?

Well the biggest problem I see is power. 4AAs have 6 volts and depending how you connect the two packs you can get 12v out of them. Can the Rom-FX run on 6 or 12 volts?

Yes a Rom FX runs on both 9 and 12volts

Ok take two of the battery clips and join the red from one to the black from the next. That daisy chains that set in series. Take the third battery clip and solder the red from it on to the red from the joined two and the black end to the black of that set too. The first two that you soldered together red to black, go on the batter packs, the third onto your RomFX.

DO NOT clip in two 9volt batteries onto this set up, that will give you 18volts and blow up your voice amp.

Cheers.

DesTROYer

thanks DesTROYer

Yes the rom-fx can run on 9v or 12v.

I only have the single 9v and now with the extra 2 packs of 4xAA batterys i can get the max 12v power out of it.

This will give me higher volume and a longer life on the batterys.

I thought it wasnt as simple as all reds together ,so thanks for sorting this one out for me B)

stukatrooper said:
thanks DesTROYer

Yes the rom-fx can run on 9v or 12v.

I only have the single 9v and now with the extra 2 packs of 4xAA batterys i can get the max 12v power out of it.

This will give me higher volume and a longer life on the batterys.

I thought it wasnt as simple as all reds together ,so thanks for sorting this one out for me B)

Hi Stuka!

Since I have the ROM/FX too, here's my suggestion:

Buy a three batteries battery holder and these batteries: -----

You'll have almost 12 V and very long battery life, plus they're rechargeable and only three instead of eight!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020