My AM2.0 build

bd9bf39a4b824ac8d18c33741c71b50b.jpg6c957bd982638c9c5d08d7b7b3167b06.jpg ok so hope this isn't to stupid to ask. But when you cut the kidney plate it is supposed to meet at top and be as vertical as possible. Then the butt plate looks way bigger then most pictures I've seen looking at these pictures can some be cut off or do I just match it to the kidney plate ?

RLH2515

Butt plate and kidney should marry up to one another.  You can take some of the return off the bottom of the butt plate as well.  Bucket looks well done and the ears are fine.  Yes, the ears are the biggest pain for this build.  Your hand guards will have to be trimmed down a bunch.  They are way to big.  Your doing well, keep up the good work

Edited by Darth Havoc

I didn't do ANY trimming on the hand plates...

I wonder if my kit is different. I received it in May.

did you do ESB ? If so my friend you got some big fists the rebels will run from lol

RLH2515

So after using a Dremel on the long screws inside the helmet it heated up and warped the plastic where the screw head was. So now I guess I need to make some paste. Luckily it's the screw on the very bottom of the ear.

RLH2515

heart breaking

RLH2515

I feel your pain mate.

I had an issue on my lid too. Initially I screwed the first ear on the wrong side. Like yours, my issue was with the bottom screw. I was gutted.I had no alternative but to make some paste. I'd never done that before and I was so angry with myself. I thought that I may as well grab the bull by the horns. I drilled a whole in some scrap and the filled it with paste. There was no way I was doing it on my lid with no experience of how it works and what to sand it down with. I found that for me sanding it down and buffing it up with a nail polishing block have me the best result. So I went ahead after several practice attempts and I'm happy with the result. You can only really see the repair if you know it's there.

21b3def5bfdd3ffe86af3c4de04548f5.jpg

Here's the block I used. You can pick them up for pennies on ebay

7c604ae82c0f3b4b60cdb52826097d29.jpg

Marc