Newbie TKC pre-kit question

FN-3181

Yes any kit should work. But they are built totally different. A few things it's overlap not butt joint. Ab button plate flipped like ROTJ. No bicep strap. Extra rivets on belt. And a bunch more. Check out the CRL and study up the differences between it and the reg. TK. Aim for Centurion and good luck.

I'm working on my TKC using an anovos kit. Overlap is only necessary for centurion level. Some of the differences are trim, fused kidney/butt plate, different belt, no holster, inverted button plate, 5th small strip button (centurion only), symmetrical shoulder bells (no bottom flare), extra rivets on the belt (centurion only), different thermal detonator (centurion only), and no bicep straps  (EIB and centurion). I think that's everything but I might have forgotten something. Feel free to check out my WIP in the build threads to see what I've done.

Edited by DayFire

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah the other guys in our area took about a year but we've gotten a lot bigger in the last year or two and have lots more people with experience now so they're going faster. I didn't really have a super solid time frame just wanted to get it finished.