Cover Strip Question

Can someone tell me if cover strips HAVE to be a certain width, both front and back, for Centurion approval? I do not see anything in the CRL but I continually seem to find conflicting information throughout the forums.

Thanks,

• 1 year later...

What if your armor will not allow your fat body?! Lol. For example, cover strip on front of forearm is 15mm, but due to size of my arms, will not allow me to cut smaller on bottom for return edge. Can anyone help? Top of forearm-
603f40162ad90bea0a6229a20eecac8d.jpg
Bottom of forearm-
62734a57f4c9ce83e28124194f3f3a76.jpg
Pretty snug as is-
713b0ce6025bd31b278994ee28ee8a46.jpg021d2a9033175d738d7083c9691a9c66.jpg
Thank you for any help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Mike.

Back in 1976 when this little film was shooting, the actors playing the Stormtroopers were all around 5'10" and 165lbs. The suits were quite 'skinny' for lack of a better word. The arm cover strips were 15mm, Thighs 20mm, Shins 20mm and calf closures 25mm. This works for a slim build. With my build I found this would not be possible. I was told that for Centurion the cover strips needed to match, not be canon. My arm cover strips are 20mm front and back. This was important. The same width front and back. The narrower and closer to canon the better. At 20mm my arms just fit, albeit a little snug. If you need to go larger with the cover strip, that's ok.

From what I've learned here, try to get your cover strips as close to the raised edge as possible. You may need to trim some off the back of your arms and create a gap below your front cover strip in order to make this work. Understand?

Edited by Sean
  • Like 1

Under the cover strip does not matter. They do not need to butt up. You may want to put a cover strip on the inside to help reenforce the join though. Symmetry on the outside is what matters for approval. Make the cover strips on the outside the same, front and back. As close to the raised edge as possible. That's what matters.

• Like 1

The forearms and the biceps should have the same width cover strips. Symmetry. My forearms and biceps are 20mm, front and back. My armour is made by AP. Your armour may be different but no matter the make, symmetry is what is required for EI and Centurion. My thighs and shins are 20mm too. I could have (maybe should have) gone bigger on those but didn't. It would look ok if my arms were 20mm and my thighs were 25mm. It is all about balance and what looks right.

• Like 1

Arms will be 19mm each side. Shins were 22...I know, but had too. Thighs are looking like 23 tapered to 30...this allowed, passable, and won’t get me banished. LOlc2fdac53e7fa4f558beb76af6c92891b.jpg

AND while we’re taking thighs...this spacing look okay?f7cb23ffddad33455b449049f2315c1e.jpg2a29ffd2cc284764972351a3427b4688.jpg8857f899677c3f3a841adc6d4fa0883a.jpg

Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk