Thigh help

I have an FX suit that has become a frankensuit due to damaged parts being replaced. I bought some ATA thighs and have discovered they are too small. I made the front butt strip 1 1/2 inch wide but the back....well here is a pic

20160505_222524_zpsft6bqncy.jpg

It is glued on the right side and velcro on the left. I can get it smaller but then it becomes uncomfortable to wear. Any suggestions? I am guessing a vendor with larger thigh armor is in order.

wow, that's huge. If I had to deal with that, I would add a second "fake" cover strip, to give the aesthetics an easier time of fitting in with the rest of the suit.

If I really wanted to get into it, I would fill in the edge of the big cover strip and sand it down to match the curve of the thigh. Then add the second cover strip in the proper place. With the sanding and painting, it might too much effort though.

Here's some bad art to give a visual.

2BQMPz2h.jpg

PqFyyalj.jpg

Edited by zemzero

Thanks for the advice everyone. I had thought AM would be big enough, but I haven't received a response from him. I will try RT and see if he responds. If that fails I will try Zemzero's suggestion.