TK-13420 Sounding off!

Hey guys,

New TK here, and shooting for EIB then Centurion! Just as soon as my Hfx blaster gets here! 

Anyways, my name is Brenden and im from southern california. I just got done doing my first troop in Acadia last weekend and i gotta say, it was better then i expected! Something empowering when you light up some kids faces, or even the adults! If only they could see my smiles. 

Ive been kinda a lurker on these forums for the past 9 months while waiting for the anovos kit, soaking it all the info i could. When i got the kit, i felt like i had a good idea on how to build it and never even picked up the instructions!

My regret though is that i didnt take too many build pics, but i do have a couple of these from my approval and the troop! Looking forward to more!

Im the trooper in the middle with my wife and daughter!

F6Erwya.jpg

Nice walk with my girl!

QMI6C3p.jpg

some fun shots!

xGvPPPG.jpg

BHMkPBJ.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021
  • Like 6

Great and welcome! It's great to see another TK aiming high for EIB and Centurion! Btw, great choice on the blaster! The photos look amazing! Keep trooping on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome to see that you're here, Brenden!

Thank you for sharing your story, and your photos. You'll hear/see a lot of us talk about how great it is to see people's faces light up when they see us, but you won't see too many deep discussions about how much we get in return, in the way of smiles, and memories.

Needless to say, you've seen the tip of the iceberg on that front now, and it only gets better from there! Congratulations, and I look forward to welcoming you to the EIB and Centurion soon as well!

Hey tim, thanks for the kind words of encouragement! I recently just submitted for EIB, go check it out and let me know if you got any tips!

• Like 1

Great photos, Brenden!  And CONGRATS on that EIB!!!  :duim:

Glad to see your daughter taking it all in and thinking it is perfectly normal to be walking with a Stormtrooper!  Awesome!

Thanks wingnut! Got some fixes to do for centurion, but nothing I can't handle. It really is heart warming seeing my daughter take to my hobby so well. She was literally finding and picking me out of the lineup of troopers there! She knows her trooper! Hell, whenever she finds my bucket she brings it to me yelling 'trooper!' And forces me to put it on haha. <br>

Is there any tips or tricks to painting to vocoder, I'm no Picasso

Thanks wingnut! Got some fixes to do for centurion, but nothing I can't handle. It really is heart warming seeing my daughter take to my hobby so well. She was literally finding and picking me out of the lineup of troopers there! She knows her trooper! Hell, whenever she finds my bucket she brings it to me yelling 'trooper!' And forces me to put it on haha. <br>

Is there any tips or tricks to painting to vocoder, I'm no Picasso

I took a pencil and drew out what I wanted as the edges. Then when I painted, all I had to do was stay in the lines. Use a small brush and paint the edge first and then fill it in.

Edit - Just checked out your EIB approval. Congrats!  As stated there, just take a Q-tip with some mineral spirits and clean up the edges.  Also a toothpick would help for sharper details. You may not need to repaint it. If you do decide to repaint it definitely draw out the edges with a pencil.

Edited by Squimspickle