Allan1313's HWT build

I recently got the Anovos armor and built that to Centurion. Was looking for a new project and came across the HWT. I was already in the process of building a DLT-19 so I figured I would add a pack to it and build this out.

I am just at the beginning and have acquired a few pieces so far while more are in the mail. Here is what I have so far:

be017aba82699a16cd80e0b18240bcc9.jpg

36dbc40d6aad41470783971b23a3150b.jpg

41f836b3b240dcd235fb5a7bb055c3fc.jpg

7f74a449501b65f61021f735b50f4b25.jpg

930dc062f1c49a8d17ef9f10e28665bb.jpg

7d9582d6acd5d6d7071280387826802e.jpg

My goal is to get this build to Centurion as well.

1 question I have is who makes the best pauldron? I have seen trooperbay, trooper1 (from MEPD), and katarra from etsy. Any opinions on those?

Until next time....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I recently got the Anovos armor and built that to Centurion. Was looking for a new project and came across the HWT. I was already in the process of building a DLT-19 so I figured I would add a pack to it and build this out.

I am just at the beginning and have acquired a few pieces so far while more are in the mail. Here is what I have so far:

My goal is to get this build to Centurion as well.

1 question I have is who makes the best pauldron? I have seen trooperbay, trooper1 (from MEPD), and katarra from etsy. Any opinions on those?

Until next time....

YESS!!!  :popcorn:

Best Pauldrons, Jay Parsons (MEPD), jparsons401@frontier.com

• Like 2

Thanks guys! When I am ready to buy the pauldron I will most likely contact trooper1.

Where did you find the cone tip for your blaster or did you make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a poor mans build so I went with some "sourced" parts. The cone tip on the DLT-19 came from a mouthwash bottle.

Looking forward to my build :)

Thanks guys! When I am ready to buy the pauldron I will most likely contact trooper1.

It is a poor mans build so I went with some "sourced" parts. The cone tip on the DLT-19 came from a mouthwash bottle.

Looking forward to my build :)

cool what ever works. I have been racking my brain on how to make it myself

cool what ever works. I have been racking my brain on how to make it myself

I have a build thread for mine if you want to check it out.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/33426-Allan1313's-poor-man's-DLT-19-build

• Like 1

2 of my 4 boxes have come in, the radio box and the one to the right of that.

3a514c6fb554384716d83df48ec650ed.jpg

9d3fb74358c0c324387eaabd68a72efa.jpg

Still debating if I should "angle" that right box like I see in some if the video game references. What's the consensus on that?

I will be using some plastruct that I have left over from other projects to make the details like the vents, the radio box details, etc.

76e07743e954f5059f005653bcbe0bc9.jpg

I still to make a trip to the dollar store to get the rest if the pieces to complete it, but it moving in the right direction.

• Like 2

Everything looks good and coming along! My Pauldron and both my ammo pouches came from Trooperbay. Ultimately you get what makes your character; what makes you look good! If you read my build thread of my HWT Pack, was based from Ukswrath. My box containers came from Dollar Tree and Walmart. With the radio box, I started off with a black Photobox from Pat Catans/Michaels. I upgraded that to an actual speaker box I found in my garage; which I stick an ihome mini speaker with an iPod that has trooper radio chat on continuous loop. Let me know if you need any pictures of my pack

• Like 1

You can either angle it or not. I didn't, but i also used different boxes. Had i actually used project boxes or something other than tupperware, i probably would have angled it. Where did you find those project boxes? I couldn't find any that came as close as i wanted to the tupperware dimensions lol. Likely i will mod my radio to add a speaker inside of it. I used the cardboard photo storage box, added a couple of layers of Mod Podge for weather resistance. So cutting into the box and adding a speaker will be easy

• Like 1

Everything looks good and coming along! My Pauldron and both my ammo pouches came from Trooperbay. Ultimately you get what makes your character; what makes you look good! If you read my build thread of my HWT Pack, was based from Ukswrath. My box containers came from Dollar Tree and Walmart. With the radio box, I started off with a black Photobox from Pat Catans/Michaels. I upgraded that to an actual speaker box I found in my garage; which I stick an ihome mini speaker with an iPod that has trooper radio chat on continuous loop. Let me know if you need any pictures of my pack

Yeah I think I will do that too with a speaker in the radio box. Still figuring it all out.

You can either angle it or not. I didn't, but i also used different boxes. Had i actually used project boxes or something other than tupperware, i probably would have angled it. Where did you find those project boxes? I couldn't find any that came as close as i wanted to the tupperware dimensions lol. Likely i will mod my radio to add a speaker inside of it. I used the cardboard photo storage box, added a couple of layers of Mod Podge for weather resistance. So cutting into the box and adding a speaker will be easy

Still deciding, but I think I will ultimately cut it at an angle. I got the boxes from eBay. I just looked for some that were around the sizes I needed.

I know its not cannon/acceptable but I am thinking of adding LEDs to the "discs' on the radio box. I am still looking for the proper discs, but I think I can come up with a way to cover the LEDs for approval.

A lot of talk about adding sound systems in the radios, maybe I should start my TK chatter audio sales thread now hahaha!  ;)

• Like 4

Lol yessir! I was just going to use a speaker my wife has and auxilary cord to my ipod touch. Be a nice ballast to the side tube as well!

• Like 1

Well here's my interest thread. If enough people chime in here maybe I'll put something together.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32755-interest-check-ukswraths-tk-radio-chatter-audio-system/

• Like 1

I believe you linked the wrong post ;)

• Like 1

I believe you linked the wrong post ;)

;) Some of us were talking about radio chatter audio systems. The link (though now an archive) was a interest thread I'd posted last year for a TK, TD, TB chatter audio system that can be installed in the radio on the backpack.. 

;) Some of us were talking about radio chatter audio systems. The link (though now an archive) was a interest thread I'd posted last year for a TK, TD, TB chatter audio system that can be installed in the radio on the backpack..

No I get that. The link you posted was to mondo posters not anything to do with chatter.

No I get that. The link you posted was to mondo posters not anything to do with chatter.

That's weird because when I click on it it takes me to my interest thread hahahaha

Figured it out, I had two web addresses in one hyper link, weird. This should be better

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32755-interest-check-ukswraths-tk-radio-chatter-audio-system/

OK my last 2 boxes came in today.

b22bed4309e7765eb1d9fd377ba30c21.jpg

So here is my question, which looks better option 1 or 2? I think 2 look better to me.

Option 1

ff0fe36129d4013212f13319d2c683c6.jpg

Option 2

0d1a91035463f4ae99e999467c5a6372.jpg

Next up I will start the greeblies that go on the boxes, just need to get some spray paint.

Edited by allan1313

Try swapping the top right one with the middle right one, i think that may be suited better for the backpack. But those boxes definitely look good!

• Like 1

Those are some awesome boxes Allan

Thanks guys. Got them on eBay. I think I will go with option 2. It will fit the cup thing at the bottom better.

Edited by allan1313
  • Like 2