Some advice needed please

I'm new here and to trooping. Hoping to join my local 501st after I get my armor kit bought and made. I'm 5'10 and 210. I wear a size 38 pant. I have an opportunity to buy a set of Anovos armor for a pretty good price. Kit hasn't been put together. But it's a large size. And according to the website sizing chart I need L but maybe an XL would fit me better? I wear XL shirts and I just want to make sure I don't waste money. Any help is greatly appreciated. <br>

John

ANOVOS doesn't have a size difference for their armor, every ANOVOS TK you see is the same sized armor. Their armor is made to fit people from 5'10" to 6'0", and I'm sure with some effort into cutting and trimming you could make it fit you easily if you follow ukswrath's build. As for the under clothes i'd go with an XL. I too wear a L shirt but the L size was a little small so I'd go with XL possibly XXL. Goodluck!

Edited by dejango
  • Like 2

Caleb is correct, there's only one size of armor, the under suit has the multiple sizes. Depending how the armor fits you, you may or may not have to shim certain areas for the armor to look and fit correctly. There are plenty of build threads here that you can follow and/or get an idea of what to do in almost any situation.

Let us know if we can be more of assistance.  

• Like 1

Ok. So I have been talking to several armor makers. I'm leaning towards some MTK armor or some WTF armor. I also like the RS stuff. I'm just trying not to get in over my head. The Anovos was an option just because I found a deal. But I think as its a large, the soft stuff won't fit. That makes the deal not so great. So many makers. I'm just going with makers I've found on here.

The Anovos armor should fit with some work and is one size fits most.

The Anovos soft goods will not fit you in a size large but you can buy any black sports underwear for less than $30 so I wouldn't let that be a deal breaker. Keep in mind you will have to buy the undergarments for any armor that you buy.

I am 6'3" and 200 lbs and have the Anovos. The armor fits with the exception of a 1/2" gap in the kidney to ab plate but that is fine up to EIB status. The only thing that didn't fit was the XL shirt as it looked like a size Medium but they are sending me an XXL for free.

• Like 1