26552227782_6426e4077e_b.jpg

26552220562_6250eaa1b9_b.jpg

26372272900_b3f84915a9_b.jpg

26041765043_e92626e910_b.jpg

26555234752_30c7836d9a_b.jpg

26044818313_fcdcdbb52d_b.jpg

26555242752_b77e606305_b.jpg

26375044470_c43fa6af75_b.jpg

Looking pretty good! I think maybe your left shoulder bell should come in a bit so its closer like the right one.

Nice job.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks!  Hmm...may have to remove a little return edge on the inside of the bell, or maybe adjust the strap connecting to the shoulder.

Looking pretty good! I think maybe your left shoulder bell should come in a bit so its closer like the right one.

Nice job.

Thanks! Hmm...may have to remove a little return edge on the inside of the bell, or maybe adjust the strap connecting to the shoulder.

Usually you just need to tighten up the strapping a bit.

Hi William

Can you please post the missing  photos from  of your application.

1.Internal strapping

2.neck seal

3.Thermal detonator back (this is a close up shot)

4. Holster attachment to belt front and back of belt please.

5. Right arm raised side detail shot (this is a close up)

6. Left arm raised side detail shot (this is a close up)

Thank you :)

Hi William

Can you please post the missing photos from of your application.

1.Internal strapping

2.neck seal

3.Thermal detonator back (this is a close up shot)

4. Holster attachment to belt front and back of belt please.

5. Right arm raised side detail shot (this is a close up)

6. Left arm raised side detail shot (this is a close up)

Thank you :)

I'll get right on it! Thank you!
  • Like 1

Hi William, thank you for your application for the EI badge, lets have a look at your armour!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All submission photos have now  been posted. Your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for EIB. Congratulations and welcome to Expert Infantry trooper!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section, Tony and i  review suggestions made by your fellow troopers and our own observations. All go towards improving the final look of your armor.

If there is anything that would affect a future Centurion application it will be mentioned in that section at the bottom.

We think you have done a great job with the Anovos kit. The little finishing touches like changing the Hovi mic mesh and replacing the ear screws go a long way towards the type of accuracy we like to see specially when it comes to lvl 2 and 3.

There are a few more improvements you can also make to get you looking your absolute best, so lets cover those.

Drop box alignment: It appears yours move around a bit from photo to photo, so I can suggest either some Velcro or a dab of glue between the elastic strap and the back of the canvas belt to stop this. Just make sure they are lined up with the ends of the plastic ammo belt.

awesome%20belt_zpsnrjejujt.jpg

Butt Plate: I don't think the Anovos supplied Velcro strapping is doing you any favors here.The anchor points are too far away from the edges of the Kidney and Butt plate. If we look at the back kidney and butt plate together, they all need to come down about an inch.This will achieve alignment between the Kidney and Ab plate at the top ridge and hopefully drop the Butt plate enough to reduce it popping out. Secondly, shorten up the straps between the butt and kidney to help reign it in. As it is at the moment its jutting out and then moving upwards and over the bottom of the kidney plate.

26631786346_87e1e95192_b_zpskg9siook.jpg

26565246802_45e94120ca_b_zpscqqes4bn.jpg

I am not a fan of an all Velcro strapping system, and I think you would be far better off in the long run changing it out to an elastic and snaps system that will allow for better movement and make it easier for you to keep parts in alignment.

Shoulder Bells: Shorten up the top strap to bring the bells touching the shoulder bridge at the top. It appears that one of your straps is longer than the other, but it could also be the camera angle that is exaggerating this.

As another suggestion, you could reduce or remove the return edge off the bottom of the shoulder bells so they sit closer to your body and bicep armour.

Forearm Cover strip: Also in this same image you can see a sharp looking edge on the forearm cover strip. My concern for you is armour bite injury, so it might pay to take that corner off at an angle to prevent that from happening.

26552267512_23378e6c93_b_zpsibltqyzf.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

The ultimate accuracy of Centurion is up to the Trooper, and as we have mentioned above, you are already on your way to making those finer details. The Thermal Det screws are another little change possible, yours are close, but they should be a standard slotted pan head type.

Make sure in your Centurion application, you keep an eye on things like Ab to Kidney gap, any overlaps or excessive spaces occurring while having your photos taken, and follow the Lvl 3 CRL and photo check list.

We once again congratulate you on the achievement of Expert Infantry, and will see you in the centurion app threads soon. :jc_doublethumbup:

Sly11, thank you so much for the review and tips! Finally got home after some time away, and I'm looking forward to diving back in. ukswrath, thank you for the encouragement! You guys are the best!

• Like 1