In Search of Replacement Ab Button Pieces (ABS)

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can find replacement pieces for BOTH ab button parts (the big piece with 5 buttons and smaller piece with 4)?

I botched mine, and need new ones for Centurion application. I know, I know… How did you mess THAT up??? Long story, but I did. I've tried restoring them, but it ain't happening. 

If anyone has any (preferably made from AP) extras, or knows anyone that sells them individually, I would greatly appreciate the help! Thanks!

I have contacted Mark for a replacement, but it's not for sure that he'll have some. I thought I would check with you guys as a secondary option.  

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can find replacement pieces for BOTH ab button parts (the big piece with 5 buttons and smaller piece with 4)?

I botched mine, and need new ones for Centurion application. I know, I know… How did you mess THAT up??? Long story, but I did. I've tried restoring them, but it ain't happening. 

If anyone has any (preferably made from AP) extras, or knows anyone that sells them individually, I would greatly appreciate the help! Thanks!

I have contacted Mark for a replacement, but it's not for sure that he'll have some. I thought I would check with you guys as a secondary option.  

If you can't find any AP Terrell at ATA also sells them. ATAworks@yahoo.com

• Like 1

On 4/23/2016 at 12:32 AM, ComradeDave said:

I did the same thing, I have an over trimmed one if you want lol

-----------

lolol Doesn't it suck? It's the easiest piece! Ugh... 

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

You should check out my build thread... I destroyed a helmet already with a heat gun lol

Oh man, that poor ear! I would have cried too. lol Glad Pyrates was able to help you out!! That's awesome. I'm hoping someone can come through for my ab buttons too. lol 

What did you use for your lenses? I am thinking of doing mine different. There are some gaps between the lens and eyes that's killing me. What kind of putty is that? Does it harden? What are the parts called that you placed in the putty to screw in the lens?

Sorry spice. Ok I used a number 3 welding shield and cut out the lenses from it. I got it from a local welding supply vendor called Praxair. But acklands grainger or McMaster Carr should have the same thing I got 3 sets of lenses from it. As for the putter I used plumbing epoxy putty. It's a 2 part putty kneaded it well stuck the nuts with the screws in them after measuring where I wanted my drill holes to go on the lenses and let it harden. It gets super solid after about 10 minutes. As for your gaps use a heat gun on the lenses out of the helmet heat them up and press around the helmet eye holes. It forms the lens to the shape of the hole.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

• Like 2