HWT - questiosn regarding pauldron / pack

PBTrooper

Hey all, I have a few questions regarding HWT troopers. I'm new to the 501 st and FISD, having just finished my first build with an ANOVOS kit ( and recvently recived my ANH Stunt EIB approval). when I first purchaed the kit, I had every intention of going TD with it, so I purchased a pauldron and pouches from trooperbay. However, once I started building the kit, I just couldn't bring myself to permanently dirty it up lol. I really love the look of the pauldron and pouches, so this brings me to HWT. I have a few questions if you don't mind<br><br>
1. Are the trooper bay pauldron / pouches acceptable for all levels of approval, or will I need to invest in a trooper1 pauldron and different pouches? Here's a picture of mine

My next few questions are in regards to the pack. I'm Canadian and as some my know, the Canadian / US exchange rate is terrible right now lol. I looked into ordering the oil pan from Bavarian Auto Sports, however the $12 item carries a $70 shipping fee to western Canada and with the exchange rate, I'm not really wanting to spend over a $100 Canadian on a $12 item. I've searched high and low for something similar locally and found a 12.5 q oil pan at Walmart. I've also just spent the last 3 hrs looking at "food containers" to use for the boxes. after trips to the Dollar Store, Super Store, Sobey's Safeway and Walmart, I could not find anything that "exactly matches" the ones Ukswrath used in his build, so I settle for as close as I could get.

2.What do you think of the overall dimensions of this oil pan and the boxes I found? acceptable?

I was also considering simply attaching the lids of the containers to the oil pan and then using the "premade clips" to hold the boxes onto the pack

3. is this acceptable?

Thanks for your time all, cheers Dave

Edited by PBTrooper

As long as it meets the correct sizes i don't see an issue at all. Check out UKswrath's hwt pack tutorial, click the amazon link to his boxes, and get the dimensions off of those. Trooperbays pouches and pauldron will work perfectly as well. I would try to find a smaller wipes container, however. There are some that are thinner than the one you have pictured, and thats the one most of us use. As long as your boxes are pretty close to what UKswrath uses, i would say your good to go

Thanks for the advice ... your pack looks awesome  BTW ;)   I found an Amour All container that is smaller than the Lysol one, think I'll use that.  The containers are pretty close .. also dealing with the imperial - metric conversions too ;P

• Like 1

Hi Dave...  First, a big congrats on your EIB approval!  Glad to hear you are going HWT, and I will throw in my 2 cents worth on your questions and hopefully offer a few tips that will help you get approved.

The ammo pack and pauldron you have should be just fine.  You will need one additional ammo pack though, one without the extra small one hanging off the bottom.

The boxes on the back of the oil pan you have now should also be fine, except for the one on the bottom left.  This is actually not a plastic box, but a paper "craft" box, available at Michael's for less that 5 dollars.

The corners are not rounded, but square.

I would not recommend the method you are considering to attach the other boxes to the pack.  It takes a bit more time, but using the method Tony and my friend Charles (Templar726) will look 100% better.  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30222-templars-hwt-pack-build/.  The reason being is that you would be able to see the lid snaps very clearly when finished, and it would be obvious what they are.

I would also suggest using white PVC fittings for the top and bottom of the tube, unless you are planning on sanding/priming and painting them white.  If I can be of any help, just PM me.  All the best on your build!

Well thanks for the input .. made another trip to Michael's and found a "memory box" for the radio to replace the plastic one.  I can;t seem to find white caps for the PVC pipe, so I think I'l just go with plan A and paint teh orange ones.  Was able to get a little bit done over the otherwise really busy weekend.  Again thanks fro the input, Cheers Dave 

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Made some more progress on my pack ...

image_21.thumb.jpg.4592608b4a4b813b8b16b27a13837a3f.jpg

And got some painting done ...---------------

Now for some weathering and assembly I guess ;)

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 2

Look good to me. Don't forget to weather the base of it as well. I tried to weather lightly with mine, thats just because I prefer it that way because I did not want to weather my armor as much lol.

Well, got some more work done on my pack.  Almost complete now, so I thought I'd do a "dress rehersal".  Thoughts? Enjoy ...

DSC00348.thumb.jpg.73bcc165fd73907fb020377c793ce6be.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated