My first E-11 build.

Hi all,After looking at the great builds on this forum,Thought it was about time I attempted a build.<br>
With work and Family taking up most of my time,This will be a slow build.<br>
I have been trawling the local militaria fares for parts and am awaiting my first delivery from Doopydoos.<br>
Luckily a local engineering firm lets me look in their skip for metal off cuts for a small donation to their tea fund.<br>
Where to start ? <br>
Decided trigger group,A mix of original and homemade parts,Did not go to complex with it as I may need to custom it later for electronic fitting.

post-20917-0-70763000-1460632006_thumb.jpg

post-20917-0-44890300-1460632014_thumb.jpg

post-20917-0-76830700-1460632154_thumb.jpg

Edited by usomp
  • Like 2

DANG! This is an interesting start, Garry.

Especially when considering, you plan to combine this with a DoopDoo's resin kit.

Very nice.

Not sure which direction this will go yet,I have obtained some original parts and may combine it with the DD kit,Or I may go for a full metal build and make the resin kit at a later date.

I also have a deactivated Sterling on the shelf that will be turned into a blaster at some stage.

My DD pipe kit arrived at the weekend and I managed to rescue a piece of 1.5" steel pipe from the skip to use in my build,Some adjustment of the kit parts will be needed to fit the tube.

IMG_0248_zpshpseeju0.jpg

The Magazine in the DD kit was a little Plain,So I decided to replace this with an original piece of magazine I have left over from another project.

I hollowed out the Mag housing,But kept the wall thickness for strength,I decided to reduce the Magazine wall thickness instead,The empty space in the Magazine may come in handy for battery storage,If I add electronics at a later stage.

Just need to make a base and side clip for the magazine now.

IMG_8282_zpsewyqi72k.jpg

Decided to try a scratchbuild Butt,I have limited tools and when I moved into my home,I inherited a very old lathe left by the previous owner.

After trawling all the build threads on this forum,I found some drawings of the butt assembly and decided to use them and some photos as a guide.

After a lot of trial and error,Bruises and scratches,I managed to assemble my Butt,Just needs finishing,When I find the right bolts and rivets.

Sadly had camera problems,So lost some photos of the build.

Sorry about size of some photos have trouble resizing.

First part is the hinge bar that locates on the receiver,Managed to turn this from a steel bar and used a holesaw on the drill to cut the profile of the receiver.

IMG_8289_zpstve56mcc.jpg

IMG_8292_zpsrtpuuba2.jpg

would like to make the stock movable so decided to make an attempt,I found some aluminium tube and a steel rod that fits into the alu tube,Used a small M4 bolt with the head cut off,And made the hook from a small piece of aluminium bar,Drilled and tapped then filed to shape.

9ebf9a75-c001-4c72-b287-9c3f3fe3c636_zps

IMG_8299_zpsejtld5io.jpg

Main frame took four attempts to get right,Folded using a large mallet,Block of wood and a vice,The butt stock was made in the same manner,But I managed to get my local engineering firm to Tig weld it up for me.

00f783f7-2d49-483b-9696-0ae6b3e8be0a_zpsIMG_8302_zpslvufavkj.jpg

Looks great! We are attempting the same kind of build. I'm currently working on my stock as well. Did you make the butt catch? That's what I'm attempting now.

Hi Kevin

Yes am attempting to make the catch,Used a steel rod and shaped the end that touches the butt,used a thread from a bolt as the stud and shaped a piece of Aluminum for the hook that locates in the front of the receiver,That piece of Aluminum was the drill and tapped to locate onto the threaded stud,Not sure if it works correctly yet as I have not located a spring to fit inside the Ali tube I used.

Will sort my camera out and post some better pics in the morning for you.

Garry

• Like 1