Trying To Make A Choice...

ATA or ANOVOS Armor  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should I Choose ATA Or ANOVOS

• ATA
    • ANOVOS

Hi Chad. Well you have an interesting question on your hands. You are probably going to get a wide array of answers. Like Tolo mentioned there is no information on how well an Anovos set will hold up. ATA has a proven track record. I believe ATA is cheaper at this point. However ATA also had a long waiting period. Having said that I just saw something that Anovos said they are selling their last kits and have about 50 left and they don't have plans for another run. I mean they have to start focusing on fulfilling their other products at some point right? Both sets of armor have been assembled to absolute profection. I voted for ATA because I feel based on Anovos' track record at this point that once they sell out they probably won't provide anymore kits for a LONG time. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

If you don't mind waiting a year or more, go with ATA. Great armor just too long of a wait in my opinion when there are other great vendors out there too. A big factor is your body type. If you are average height and weight though, check out Walt's Trooper Factory. If you're on facebook request to join his page there as Walt has some awesome stuff coming down the pipeline too. 

• Like 1

I voted for ATA because I feel based on Anovos' track record at this point that once they sell out they probably won't provide anymore kits for a LONG time. Just my 2 cents.

Regarding this bit, would that also mean replacement parts would also be unobtainable?

Nobody wants mishaps but they do happen and some parts need to be replaced...

This must also be a factor in choosing I would think...

that's no moon, Kim Kardashian is bending over again...

Thank's guys... The wait for ATA isn't a problem, my son is only 16 and can't officially join the 501st for another 2 years, but he's dedicated, and wants to have Armor the day he turns 18. My only concern is making sure I have the money available when the time comes (you never know what curve ball life is going to throw at you). Does the gentleman that casts ATA allow payment up-front (does anyone know)? If so, then I don't mind paying and waiting, as long as it's a quality product.

I see the draw backs to ANOVOS though, and I was unaware that they were no longer taking pre-orders for another run. Every time I visit their page, it still says you can pre-order, and even though I'm on their mailing list and FB Page, I had no idea they were selling out of the last 50 or so kits.

It's funny, back before I retired my Armor (around 2005-2006), I look back at old photo's and I'm like "Look At That Oversized SpaceBalls Bucket". I originally trooped between 2002-2005, and owned FX Armor that the Carolina Garrison Commander helped me obtain and assemble...

So Kev yeah I'm not sure what it means. I only know that I get emails from Anovos and the last one I received about TK armor there was a bubble on it that said only 50 left. I certainly don't have any inner knowledge of Anovos but I can only assume that they will put the TK molds away and try and fulfill these other costumes that they have promised. Maybe there is someone else that has better knowledge on this. Anyway Chad just reach out to ATA and ask some questions. I'm sure he will find a way to accommodate you. You are probably one of the few customers of his that have time on your side.

ATA puts you on the list.  You don't pay until you're at the top and Terrell makes your armor. If your son is 16, he can get a job and save up to buy the armor himself. He'll appreciate it more in the long run, but that's just my opinion. BTW, I lived in Hope Mills when I was stationed at Bragg from 06-14. I miss the damn place like crazy...