Anovos Helmet

So I am not a complete novice but the Anovos helmet is my first vac-formed helmet; my other helmets cast resin. 

Is there any special care that these helmets need? I imagine they are prone to warping and heat manipulation. I also imagine they are fairly easy to crush, but harder to break when dropping?

Is the anovos helmet a decent helmet? Material looks etc? I noticed that mine seems not round in the back.

The lenses on mine are not flush with the eye pieces, I normally obsess about making my lens completely flush.

I am also having issues where the velcro glue did not properly adhere to the interior helmet plastic. This is more annoying as it comes off once in a while and needs to be re-sized. This also happens with the lens and it starts to droop below the eyes.

Just looking for some food for thought on this helmet overall. I think it looks good and needs some work (lenses flush, interior mounting system and maybe some electronics).

Is there a reason there is a lack of cast TK helmets?

Because the original were vacuumformed not resin cast or injection molded ect... the originals had no Velcro or hard hat liner and a much simpler lens system, Anovos helmet is made to look like a better consumer friendly product .

Mark (AP)

Edited by ABS80

I figured the vac-formed was more about originality. I prefer the feel of cast helmets but the lightweight must be nice. Any thoughts on the helmet being odd shaped? I noticed other arms/leg pieces are not even close to symmetrical (screen accurate)? 

I figured the vac-formed was more about originality. I prefer the feel of cast helmets but the lightweight must be nice. Any thoughts on the helmet being odd shaped? I noticed other arms/leg pieces are not even close to symmetrical (screen accurate)? 

There's not much that is asymmetrical about screen accurate OT TK armor. That's the beauty of it. As you get into fan sculpted versions you begin to see these imperfections fade away and the sculptors versions stand out, we call that sanitizing. IMO some sanitizing was good for the armor, others will tell you I'm a traitor.  ;)

• Like 2

Like Tony, I do truly appreciate the beauty and nostalgia of the screen-used armor. I appreciate the sanitized modern kits in a different way and even more as a result of the fact that I get to wear one of those. I also believe in the simple truth behind the idea that if TKs were real, their armor likely would have been smoothly finished and sanitized a bit, relative to the original screen armors.

• Like 2