Newbie Needs Armor

Hello All,

I have a quick but probably covered question, who is a good and reputable TK armor dealer?

So far I have found that ebay is hit and miss, Star Frontiers has a set and Costume Junkies has some nice lookng ones.

Anyone else? Anyone here build TK armor for future 501st members?

My major concerns with a kit are, a good fit for my 6' tall 200lbs. (big,but not fat) frame, and of course I'd want it as accurate and strong as you can humanly hope for plastic to be. I'm not sure I'm ready to try molding my own and vacuforming plastic,but I am up for finishing a kit with no problem.Thanks for listinging to the newbie/wannabe TK!

Polarbill

Contact Deckard and check the fx lite thread. there are more than enough topics on here to help you just search through and you'll find a wealth of information at your disposal.

Keep in mind willing to buy threads are prohibited so don't go out on a limb asking for someone to contact you. Search the site, lots of content here and you will find what you are looking for.

If you truly want to be a member of the 501st, before you spend a penny on armor or annoy people by asking questions that have been answered dozens of times before, I really do recommend you do the following:

Ā 

1) Introduce yourself, it's the polite thing to do, before posting.

2) Read and read and read some more. It takes weeks if not months of research to really get your head around this hobby. Then after getting your fill, start asking questions. At this point they'll be informed and people will be more helpful.

3) Get in touch with your local garrison. You'll eventually be trooping with them anyway so getting to know these people and starting to interact with them on the garrison board is a great way to get off on the right foot.

Be careful on FX armor sources. Most are just resellers who buy kits and package them up, so the only real difference is what markup they charge and what comes with the kit. IOW, research, research, research...