AP Chest: Bottom Return Edge Issue

Hi guys and gals!

I was working on trimming and sanding my chest piece when I noticed this problem. I thought I would ask you guys what you thought before doing any damage.

It seems that I may have a problem with return edge thickness once I remove the lip from the remaining flashing here. I don't think I'll have enough meat left to assemble brackets, so I'm going to go with snaps instead.

If I remove this lip, will I still have enough return edge thickness for it to look good? I also read having 6-8mm of edge is the norm. Can anyone confirm? Has anyone had a similar issue? I don't know how much I trust myself to use heat either, so I am hoping all can be saved.

Thanks!!!

post-26490-0-23970500-1459808258_thumb.jpgpost-26490-0-71966100-1459808258_thumb.jpg

Edited by SpiceCredits

Thanks guys! I appreciate the help and advice! I'm going to trim it down a little more and try to get rid of that lip. I think I should have about 4/5mm in the middle once done.

Is it OK to have more edge on the sides and less in the middle, or should it be uniform around the entire bottom?