My Doopy build....sorta

BILLSID29

So I started my Doopy build last year in the late summer and being that I'm not the best with taking pics I've figured since I'm almost done I'd start so's not to bore everyone so here goes.First I'd like to thank everyone who's put a build thread in here without it I would've been lost! Special thanks to anyone who's answered one of my questions as well as the following for helping with questions,parts or just an awesome build!

T-Jay  aka Tino

Dday   aka Derrek

PlayfulWolfCub aka Andy

gazmosis  aka Steve

Twnbrother aka Mike

So as I said I ordered my DD kit last summer and pretty much followed Tino(T-Jay) and Mike's(Twnbrother) kit builds. Anyone reading this that hasn't started a build yet I highly recommend researching their builds and using them as bibles. Ok so here's the speed version,

Ordered DD E-11! Ordered T-Jay DD finishing kit! Ordered gazmosis E-11 replacement magazine! Received brown box opened box was in awe at contents, washed contents sanded parts using dremel and sandpaper, first drilled out trigger area to make a working trigger next attached blaster grip per T-Jay's build, next grind down bold clearing strip replace with a piece of aluminum I had in my basement, attached rear site. ZZZZZZZZZ sorry fell asleep this is lame Skip ahead. I was lucky to get a M40-A2 scope in mint condition for $65 on Ebay so I figured I bondo it and make it work  

BQYPgRn.jpg

and after

YZPe6My.jpg

So I bought Rust-Oleum Hammered paint & primer in one and sprayed the blaster

kUN7nIG.jpg

Can't really tell the texture with this pic so here's a few more

hbpejVf.jpg

and another

JQHxmCs.jpg

and one more

Nh2pvhH.jpg

Didn't like the shine on the gun so I sprayed Rust-Oleum 2X Ultra Cover Flat Black over the hammered finish

Fpv2tNL.jpg

and with the flash

jD2kCRA.jpg

I will take a closer pic to show the difference later, I was lucky and bought an actual Sterling folding stock and repainted it with the Flat Black as seen in this pic(will take a better one )

9atwyHw.jpg

Also I paint the Grip with Model Masters Gloss Black , not a big fan of the Gloss Black will be repainting with a Semi-Gloss instead. Sorry if the pics are to big if so I'll change size on them. Will post more pics later hoping to have this wraped up by ends week so I can start on my TK build.

• Like 1

Hey Bill, good to see you finally started a build thread.

You made some nice progress in the background, all looking fine so far.

Why repainting the grip? The glossy surface is correct and will anyway reduce a bit as time goes by.

Oh and thanks for all the kudos.

Thanks Tino! I know the build thread should've been up months ago but I'm just so stinking lazy when it comes to pics!

The grip to me just seemed waaaaay to glossy and with a clear coat on it I wasn't sure if at all the gloss would knock down any. In the next set of pics the grips been repainted and I think it looks much better still has a shine just not as much and I used a semi-gloss clear coat on it so I'll see how it holds up. And again you da man! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:  :icon_bow:

So here is a pic with the grip painted in Semi-gloss black and clear coated with a semi-gloss it's still glossy  but not super glossy, still need to add grip screw and will most likely add serial number to bolt at a later time.

Io61Jwo.jpg

Here is the bolt spring used T-Jays completion kit spring and worked like a charm, also you can see the bolt charging handle has been raised to match the bolt using Twnbrother's lego method. You can see the folding stock bracket which is actually a Bic pen that I cut up and used for my real stock. I saw this on another build tried to find it to give props but I can't. The diameter of the Bic pen is exactly the same size as a real stock so it works perfectly.

IhnzPIg.jpg

Working trigger and selector switch per T-Jays build

cidkcex.jpg

Working end cap clip per Twnbrother's build

gUZhsUE.jpg

On to the magazine, I followed somewhat Twnbrother's build on this and used magnets instead of permanently attaching the magazine and was truly surprised at how strong and tight the mag would be. Used epoxy and attached a magnet to a screw head in the magazine well. The hole was going to be a third screw but thought it was overkill so nixed that.

oFULqAL.jpg

Gazmosis awesome replacement magazine with magnet attached

X5VaSVv.jpg

and the final result also used Twnbrothers paint scheme for this.

vG2z9Sz.jpg

RwthSLw.jpg

On to PlayfulWolfCub's power cylinder, he had 1 left over and I got very lucky scoring this. It's crazy awesome!

xPQxmp0.jpg

here it is attached

RTVyM1p.jpg

almost done more to follow

Are the power cylinders from resin or metal?

If metal, how did you attach these? Glue? Magnets?

The cylinders are resin the front bracket that the cylinders stick thru is metal I tried using a magnet but with such little metal the bond wasn't strong enough to hold them in place so I had to glue them on E6000 so if I want to remove them I can.