Mkjava's Anovos ANH Stunt Build

You've got a good eye Kalani and thanks for the input! Our GML asked me last week to resend the front facing picture because the left thigh was twisted inward. That's why it looks ok on the first pic (the new photo) but twisted on the last one where my bucket is off. He didn't indicate any other changes to be made for approval so I don't know if there's anything else I'm required to do right now. I'm waiting until later in the week before I try to pester him about it.

Like you said I feel I do need to do something about the forearms and left thigh. The arms are a bit long and I really notice it when I struggle to put on and take off the helmet. Cutting them one bump up could resolve that for me. As for the left thigh, I may need to open it up in the back and maybe trim off an inch, it feels too loose. I'm going to an armor party on Sunday where I plan to suit up and get some in person advice before I start cutting anything. I will definitely go with making adjustments and adding foam before breaking out the cutting tools again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I can't quite tell if the forearms are too long, but I can definitely see that the biceps are WAY too low. I think simply pulling them up higher will pull the forearms up more and you may not need to trim anything off.

• Like 1

Agreed with Kalani on that one.

Another point and this is just if you go for EIB or Centurion, but your TD clips look like they are a bit short on the curved part. I believe the control panel should be more on the top of the tubs, versus on the top/side. Not sure how to describe it. If you look at it from the side, the centre of the panel should be aorund 12 o'clock. Yours looks more like it's around 2 or 3 o'clock.

• Like 1

I've heard through the grapevine that I'm approved, but I'm going to an armor party on Sunday just to get a good once over on things from folks.  I did pull up the biceps further into the shoulder bells (the attachment method there was velcro so easy adjustment).  That made a big difference on where my forearms land.  I'm still not 100% sure if I can get away without trimming them some, will have to troop a couple of times and see how it looks and feels.  Same goes for the thighs, foam may fix the left one or I may need to trim just a bit.

My first TK troop will be on June 3 at my daughter's school, so my goal for that is to not do a faceplant or step on any small children.  Keeping it simple for now!   :)

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for all the help on this build, I couldn't have done it without you! Hopefully if other armor newbies stumble across this build thread, they will find it helpful to them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Question about your sides...I see there is a gap on the left side where the rivets are. I assume that is connected with black nylon. Is this acceptable for Basic 501st? How about EIB? It probably is not for Centurian but I ask because I may need to have a little gap there as well. Thx~

Question about your sides...I see there is a gap on the left side where the rivets are. I assume that is connected with black nylon. Is this acceptable for Basic 501st? How about EIB? It probably is not for Centurian but I ask because I may need to have a little gap there as well. Thx~

For Basic you're fine with a gap there, not a problem for approval.  For EIB, it needs to be no more than a 1/2", for Centurion there can be no gap at all.  For me if I suck it in and pull the belt extra tight, I'm still looking at maybe an inch or so on each side.  For now I'm going with the 'lose a little weight' approach to get to EIB and then Centurion.  Hopefully I can do that vs. adding shims!  As for what I used, I went with black elastic strapping there vs. nylon to allow for some 'give'.  Hope that helps!

Edited by mkjava
  • Like 1