How 'battle worn' is too worn?

I did a little searching but couldn't quite find an answer on this.

I'm going for a Heavy Weapons Trooper. As I have it pictured in my head, HWT probably get shot at a lot... You know, big guns and all that...

SO, I would really like to make the armor look more battle-worn than just scuffed up a little bit. I'd like to add some dents and scorch marks from being shot or nearly shot.

How much is too much? And is it acceptable for Centurion to be this battle damaged as long as it looks great?

I'm getting way ahead of myself, as I don't even have my kit in-hand yet, but I'm kinda' trying to plan the whole thing out.

Thanks!

Glad to hear you are going HWT, Brian!  I have a fair amount on mine, but for the "perfect" HWT weathering, check out my friend Charles' EIB submission pics here:  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30336-tk-72627-requesting-hwt-eib-status-fx3/

Not too much, not too little.  (Sometimes less is more)!  Also, don't forget to weather your pack as well.  If you need pics, or any particular info. on becoming a HWT, just let me know, and best of luck on your build!

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

I'll definitely check with my GML when I get to this part! Didn't really think about that, so I appreciate the info.

Joseph, I'll probably be in contact with you in the future when I finally get to start building, thank you for the offer!

:)

The CRL says "lightly scuffed, but not battle worn like a Sandtrooper".  I would hold off on the dents and scorch marks for now, as if carried too far it may not pass approval, and it may even weaken your armor if you are not careful how it's done.

As for "lightly scuffed", I bought a women's black powder makeup compact thingy and a "blush" brush, both from the dollar store.  It stays on really well, but I can remove it when I have to go as a regular TK.  This is a pic of my armor.

vtq0oNt.jpg

• Like 1

That looks rather effective, I'll keep it in mind!

Now, this is slightly off-topic, but when you wipe it all off and go standard TK, do you have a separate belt with the drop boxes or do you attach them somehow?

Edit: I have basically answered the question that I was trying to find an answer to, by simply reading about drop box attachment in the CRL. Seems easily removable and I now realize how stupid of a question that was! I apologize.

Edited by Pixelito