New boots a little small?

Hey guys:

Like many of you, I ordered boots from TK Boots. Being a size US 9-1/2, I figured a size US 10 would do fine for me. No such luck. Turns out the boots from TK Boots seem to run almost a full size small, and I had the most difficult time getting into them. I'm wishing I had ordered size 11, and then I could have added insoles to make up the difference.

But not to worry. I found this video posted on Lifehacker this week and decided I'd give it a try:

(The guy even uses Chelsea boots in his demo.)

This process "breaks in" your boots a lot faster than simply wearing them for a few weeks. You use the heat from a blow dryer to allow the leather to soften up and be stretched by wearing an extra pair of socks. Rather than trust a hair dryer, I broke out my heat gun. 

What a transformation. I easily got an extra half-size out of my boots, and now they are quite comfortable. Beware, this technique is for genuine leather only! :)

So if yours are small, give this method a try. It made a huge difference for me.

Enjoy!

Bill

Edited by Astyanax

To keep them stretched, I use a set of these bad boys in between troops.  Works like a charm!

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Also another tip is stuff them full of wet newspaper and leave for a few days to dry. The newspaper will swell up when it dries and can help stretch the leather.