T K's ANOVOS Stunt Build

All righty! My helmet is all finished besides installing the mic. How is the best way to do this?

MIC_PLACEMENT_zpszqvoplwy.jpg

And is the S-trim on these helmets accurate? Or will I need to get a new trim? (I made an outline of the trim shape for you to see better on the right)

s-trim_zpsijphpley.jpg

The S-trim on the Anovos buckets is far more accurate than the trim that has been used previously. It looks odd because people aren't used to it.

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

The S trim will be fine. I use the style from trooperbay though but found Gaz's source and get it much cheaper. I forget the actual model #. If you need it, PM me. My electronics are mainly held in with industrial velcro. For my wires and mic, they are secured with electrical tape. Help up fine on a long troop so no worries. Still on Echo's fan list as that bracket will hide a lot of the wiring. 

• Like 1

The S trim will be fine. I use the style from trooperbay though but found Gaz's source and get it much cheaper. I forget the actual model #. If you need it, PM me. My electronics are mainly held in with industrial velcro. For my wires and mic, they are secured with electrical tape. Help up fine on a long troop so no worries. Still on Echo's fan list as that bracket will hide a lot of the wiring.

Ah, thanks! I would love to get Echo's fan system, but I have already poured a lot of money into this costume as is. ;)

It never ends!

So true! I was like, "$550 for stormtrooper armor! Sweet!" Little did I know. Boots, a blaster, tools, glue and so forth. But it will be worth it!

Edited by T K
  • Like 1

The helmet for now is 100% complete (for now). It's not Centurion level yet, but that's all right for now. I just want to get this thing done.

Here it is with the mic installed along with all the other wiring.

IMG_5770_zpsciigxvtd.jpg

You can notice that I elected to go the electrical tape route. I works really well for a cheap solution and doesn't look too bad.

I also ordered latex hand guards and original strapping system.

Latex Hand Guards

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35702-latex-hand-guards-for-centurion-level-anh/

Original Style Bracket Set

http://www.mrnostripes.bigcartel.com/products

Edited by T K

My wife absolutely loves how much I've spent in money and time!

The problem for me is that I am jumping in this hobby relatively early, being only 18. I don't have much money since most of it should be going to tuition. But hey! That's awesome your wife supports you. I hope my future significant other is going to be as well (since I'll already have a TK suit). ;)

• Like 1

That was sarcasm! She didn't like it one bit but it's my only hobby. She came around when she went to my first troop and saw how cool we looked and how all the kid's faces light up when they see you. I'm almost 30 and still figuring out things so don't worry about being young. You're in the Propaganda Dept so you must be doing something right here. 

• Like 2

Little Progress last night.

Glued these guys.

IMG_5773_zpsga3jmkym.jpg

And trimmed these and painted.

IMG_5774_zpszovwzv7g.jpg

I know the paint job is not perfect, but after looking at some screen references they aren't perfect either! So I am good! More to come!

All righty, so while waiting for my brackets and whatnot to come. I've marked where the rivets are going to be placed on the ab plate. Does it look right?

IMG_5781_zpsvohmezj6.jpg

And I was sizing the shins and I have skinny legs, but how much should I take off? I don't want to take to much.

IMG_5779_zps2tvubyvl.jpg

Thanks for the pointers! I really appreciate them!

Edited by T K

Do you have your shoes?

Unless you have SERIOUSLY big calves, go ahead and do the FRONT of your shins.  Don't trim anything in the back until (a) the front is done, and (B) you have your shoes.

(If you have SERIOUSLY big calves, recommendations may change a bit, but for the vast majority, this is the normal procedure.

So assuming normal-ish calves, do the front first.  Size it so the cover strip (20mm) sits nicely along the return edge on both sides.  (See ukswrath's build thread if you're not sure at this point, but it's the same basic procedure as the forearms you've already done, in terms of sizing to the cover strip.)

The main wrinkle is "shin-gate".  Anovos mixed up the labels on SOME sets, so you have to determine which part goes with which by shape moreso than the labels.

Once you've determined the shin assembly, and glued the front together with cover strips, only then do you size the back... do this while wearing the appropriate shoes, because the shoes are a lot wider than your ankles are, and the shoes look kinda silly pinched closed because the shin armor was cut too small.

• Like 1

And I've heard that Anovos might have mixed up the part labels, so I'll be sure to post photos before I glue to get your input if they are indeed with the correct partner.

• Like 1

Ok! I finally made a run up to a larger town than my own the get the last items I need, mainly elastic... lots of it. ;)

So I started the strapping.

IMG_5800_zps7f4ksmid.jpg

Seems like it's coming along nicely. But I still I have the question about the shins. I'm not 100% sure if the pairs are correct, but if i don't hear anything by tomorrow morn I'll glue what I have aligned. I have these next two days and Monday off from school (spring break), so I plan to get a lot more done. I also finally received my under suit and gloves. Updates coming soon! I also hope to finish my blaster. Haha! :laugh1:

I got to the point today where I wanted to throw my armor in a pit and burn it. :6: 

Luckily I pulled myself away to take a break. Will post pictures tonight of today's progress.

Ok, this is what I got done today.

The Shoulder Bells have elastic that the glue is currently setting.

IMG_5803_zpsqf2f7ca1.jpg

Drilled and put in the snaps for the belt.

IMG_5804_zpsyix6notq.jpg

TD

IMG_5805_zpsbwfifjvr.jpg

And finally the gloves.

IMG_5807_zps12yntwbk.jpg

I was not able to get as much done as i liked today, but that's all right. :)