My first blaster holster attempt...

Made from 3mm veg tan, dyed black (upcycled from the remnants of a satchel i'd made previously)

The loops aren't screen accurate, but I prefer them the same as holster, instead of tan. Also, used a Sam Brown style fixing on the strap. Used Chicago screws, but the top two are brass until I can get silver ones long enough to go through 9mm of leather!

A very rigid holster, but made a bit of a mistake on the angled cuts. Fits the blaster nicely, though :)

post-27182-0-73513000-1454095209_thumb.jpg

post-27182-0-11329700-1454095227_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I am also currently making my own holster. I found out your holster is different from sample below. The stitching is shown to be on the right side. Yours on the left.

014ab77f240027351aba17ba308960ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also currently making my own holster. I found out your holster is different from sample below. The stitching is shown to be on the right side. Yours on the left. 014ab77f240027351aba17ba308960ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, yeh, I wanted my holster hung from the right hand side, as opposed to the left, as was worn on-screen.

Stitched to the right, with the loops instead of the tabs is for ESB TKs. ;)

Hi, yeh, I just prefer it with the black loops. Leaving them tan tabs would have been easier, as the leather started out natural tan :D

My belt isn't screen accurate, though, being plastic instead of canvas, so the loops work nicely.

Also, wanted a 'right-hand draw', as I'm right-handed. Doing the cross-draw would be tricky whilst in a suit, i'd have thought?

I'll make another to suit my new blaster, if I manage to make one, but make it 'properly' :D

Edited by humperdingle

I'd say that it turned out pretty good. Nice work really. I'm also right handed, but TK-51878 (ANH-Hero) isn't. LoL. For me, I almost NEVER holster my E-11, even though I have a holster that works quite wonderfully for doing so. :D

I'd say that it turned out pretty good. Nice work really. I'm also right handed, but TK-51878 (ANH-Hero) isn't. LoL. For me, I almost NEVER holster my E-11, even though I have a holster that works quite wonderfully for doing so. :D

The trials of being a Trooper :D

• Like 1

OK, made another, following the template of Troopermaster - 3mm veg tan

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...

Found an entire side of 3.5mm leather i'd forgotton about! Decided to make some holsters:

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 1 month later...

Hahahaha! I'm pretty sure most of the TKs weren't left handed. May account for the lack of response and accuracy.

Hahahaha! I'm pretty sure most of the TKs weren't left handed. May account for the lack of response and accuracy.

The Sterling's magazine wasn't condusive to a right hand holster, I suppose.

The Sterling's magazine wasn't condusive to a right hand holster, I suppose.

It doesn't seem so and if I recall they were usually set on a strap so they could be slung over the shoulder. I'm pretty sure they were never intended to be holstered.

It doesn't seem so and if I recall they were usually set on a strap so they could be slung over the shoulder. I'm pretty sure they were never intended to be holstered.

As ex army I used to carry one of these at one point and no they weren't meant to be holstered...

The only possible reason for being on the left originally has to be the Sterling's Mag...

Nice work there Hump, if my armour didn't come with one I'd be askin how much

Even a Rubies holstered can weigh-down on the canvas belt. I can't imagine what a real Sterling would be like when holstered.<br><br>

Cheers, mate. I need to make one with chrome snaps instead of the Sam Brown, though, to make it a bit more accurate. The leather is really thick and rigid, so again, not accurate compared to the flappy on-screen ones, but would probably hold up better to the weight of a heavier blaster better than a soft holster.