Bicep size issue

XiliX

I've begun assembling my ATA kit finally.  I cut the left bicep, the one that is tapered, leaving a 5/16th inch strip on each side of the bicep so as to use a 5/8th inch finishing strip.  When I test fitted it, before gluing a strip on, I had about a half inch gap between each side.  I'm going to try some suggestions on resizing the shape using hot water but I think I will still have a problem.  Relaxed, my biceps are about 13 inches.  Flexed, they are 15.5 inches.  Is it okay to use 1 inch finishing strips to cover the gap?

Thanks for any and all advice.  It's been a while since I've been on the boards but it's good to be back.

XiliX

Gap the front a little while still using the 5/8 front coverstrip. You won't see the gap from the outside because of the cover strip, go back and use scrap ABS to strengthen the inner portion. Go with a larger coverstrip on the rear of the bicep if necessary. I really don't think I have "guns" but I had to do this with my MTK. 

Thanks for the advice Airborne.  Strengthening from the back was something I thought about.  The guns that I have are left over from 20 years ago from when I was in college.  I definitely wasn't bragging :)

Thanks again for the advice.

Great advice from Jason there, Brian.  As long as the inside cover strips hold the biceps together securely, the outside one (that shows) is there for cosmetic reasons, but should be 15 mm (5/8).  Wish I had those sort of "guns", but I haven't been to gym in.. well... ever.

• Like 1

How does the right bicep fit? I only ask because that left ATA is a bit wonky fitting. I ordered a second right bicep from Terrell and scrapped the original left. It's a much better fit and no one can tell. Just my 2c.

How does the right bicep fit? I only ask because that left ATA is a bit wonky fitting. I ordered a second right bicep from Terrell and scrapped the original left. It's a much better fit and no one can tell. Just my 2c.

I haven't sized the right one yet but, it does look like it will work fine.  The edges where the strip is attached are much wider than those on the left side.  If I can't get the left one to work to my satisfaction, I think I'll order another right like you did.