PenguinTrooper ANH Stunt Build

Penguitrooper

Who is the armour maker again? That looks fine, perhaps the chest plate is just large, hence my question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is the armour maker again? That looks fine, perhaps the chest plate is just large, hence my question.

his name is Tristan Moriuchi. He's a local builder here in Arizona. The chest plate is pretty large. I'm not a large guy.

Ah gotcha. Well I would perhaps suggest you bend the sides in a bit so they don't stick out as much. Since this is not a vetted armour maker from the list in the Getting the Started forum, you may need to make some modifications. Do you know anyone else who is approved in this armour?

Here are a couple of things, including the ones you PM'd me about, Alex..

The thighs can certainly be trimmed at the top, but do it gradually.  Like Luc mentioned, you want it to be at a minimum, but you still need to be able to walk and move comfortably, and not have them rub on the ab plate.

The left calf looks mighty loose at the top to me. (Photo 1)  You may need to see about trimming it down, but be careful that you do it at an angle that still leaves room in the bottom to fit around the top of your boot so they are not too tight there or ride up over it.

I am assuming that you are still in the trimming stage, but be sure to take a file to those rough jagged edges on the tops of the thighs and such.

It also looks as if you removed the return edges on the top of the calves.  The thigh ammo pack and sniper knee plate will cover the the fronts, but you may have trouble down the line with the backs.

As for the padding you asked about, you really shouldn't need any in the forearms.  You can (and should) trim ALL the return edges off around the wrist first, then cut down the rear slightly.  You should be able to slide your hand through comfortably but with minimal room at the wrist and have enough room in the elbow area without having too much.

Your calves seem to ride forward, I noticed.  The above suggestion about trimming should help, but you can add 1 inch thick strips (about an inch wide) to anywhere you need to.  Judging from the photos, I would suggest the back.

I hope the screw holding your ear on is temporary...  The ones you will need are machine screws with a V shaped head and a flat (not philips) head. (photo 2)

Don't get discouraged, (the Death Star wasn't built in a day), and keep at it, sir!

PT2_zpsizglpb1g.jpg

image.jpg6_zpslnld31axnnn_zpszsbdv19x.jp

Everything is trimmed down to the "ballpark" of measurements. 16mm biceps/forearms(F/R) thighs and shins are at 20mm(F)/25mm® do you think I should go lower on the back of the shins? The thighs are almost perfect but could use a very slight trim to fit better. As well as trimming the shins/thighs some to accommodate my legs. I have the right screws but my ears need repair or replacement. They aren't as easy as I'd hoped for. I'm gonna try again on the same pair and get them as flush as I can with the helmet. I just received my mic tips today so I'll get to that when I get home on Monday.

The cover strips on the back of your thighs should be visibly smaller than the ones on the backs of your shins. So I would recommend you go with 20mm and keep the backs of your shins at 25mm.

Not sure what kind of slots you're referring to. Not sure that I've seen anything like that that rings a bell.

The cover strips on the back of your thighs should be visibly smaller than the ones on the backs of your shins. So I would recommend you go with 20mm and keep the backs of your shins at 25mm.

Not sure what kind of slots you're referring to. Not sure that I've seen anything like that that rings a bell.

5cb59e9f6bcb681a8a7327039a91b5ac.jpg something like this, Luc.

Oh okay, I've seen those more commonly referred to as cut-outs, IIRC. Yes, pretty common. Wait till everything is on before you do that though.

• Like 2