Jump to content
BrinkHouse

Rubies E-11 Before & After

Recommended Posts

Hey guys! I'm pretty much finished (barring some minor cleanup and touchups) with my Rubies E-11 blaster mod, here's the before and after. If you guys have any specific questions about it please fire away. I have a bunch of photos I took during the process, I'll do a post mortem soon with lots more pictures. Enjoy!

 

23959277409_e59c04c90e_z.jpg

23959274969_5495ed5129_z.jpg

 

24218918052_4e3cf48f72_z.jpg

24300920026_506cb78284_z.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great! I have a few questions.. Did you sand/bondo the seems or fill in the screw holes? And I haven't cut the rail on mine yet but I did cut the space between the scope and the rail. That leaves a bit of a gap between the two halves as you know, did you fill it in? If so, with what?

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great! I have a few questions.. Did you sand/bondo the seems or fill in the screw holes? And I haven't cut the rail on mine yet but I did cut the space between the scope and the rail. That leaves a bit of a gap between the two halves as you know, did you fill it in? If so, with what?

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Thank you! Yeah, I sanded the seam with a dremel and then used an epoxy putty to fill it. It worked ok but if I were to do it again I would probably use actual bondo. Seems like it would've filled in the cracks and sanded/shaped better than the epoxy. I just ended up embracing some of its imperfections, as I knew the detail and canon of this build would never be spot on.

 

Regarding the space under the scope, I did not fill it. By the time I remembered that it was there I had already mated the two sides and bondo'd the seam. Honestly, with the paint and all the finish, it's near impossible to see unless you intentionally flip it over and look in there. If I were to have filled it, I probably would've used green stuff or bondo with the halves separated, then shaped it before reattaching them.

Edited by BrinkHouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good job Andrew. They come up pretty good, don't they? If not too late, can you reverse the angle of the strip on the bolt? It should be left/right, top to bottom.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andrew, I am surprised what you made out of this toy blaster. It really looks good.

 

Like Ian already said, the clearing stripe on the inner bolt needs to run from upper left corner to lower right corner.

 

In your first picture you obviously had planned to lower the T-tracks on the front. That would still be a nice addition to make it look more correct.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'll reverse the strip. Thought I had that right! Haa. 

 

I did actually grind off quite a bit of that top track, despite them looking similar in the photo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...