Extending my shins

I an working on my FOTK and since I'm 6'2", looks like my shins are a bit shorter than they need to be. Was looking through the forums to find solutions for extending them, but haven't found much.

I was thinking of splitting them about 1/3 of the way up and applying thin ABS to the interior with about a 1"-1.5" gap that I would then bondo to a smooth transition. Any thoughts on this?

I would just deal with the extra black space between your shin top and thigh bottom. The white knee cap will lessen the appearance of this black area.  I would not have those kind of cahones to cut a shin in half and try to join parts with that amount of molded details in it.

Interesting idea, but I agree with Steve.

You can mitigate the short shin appearance by (1) wearing the spats such that they touch the bottom of the shins with no overlap between the spat and shin, (2) positioning the thighs a bit lower but balancing the black space at both the knees and the hips such that they are roughly the same, and (3) positioning the floating knee armor right the middle of the black space between the bottom of the thigh and the top of the shin.

I'm 6'1". In order to make sure I have it right, I do two things - (1) attach my knee gaskets to both my thighs and shins via industrial strength Velcro once I get them to where I want them, and (2) carry a full-length mirror with me to troops so that I can check the alignment and make any small alignment adjustments as I'm getting suited up.

Wait, TM has made the FOTK already?

Oh, no I just missed that this was a FOTK thread. :(

He is working on the armour though, and I'm sure he'll make XL shins for that one too.

• Like 2