Ready to get armour, would appreciate advice!

Hello,<br>

I really appreciate all of the information on the forums, and personal messages, got a general direction on how to go, but was looking for more specific input. <br>

Based on the fact I am a bit larger than the original Stormtrooper (actual 43 inch waist, measuring tapes are a cold shock of reality), and reading the forums, RT-Mod seems like the way to go (also being in Canada easier to ship), but AM also may work. A bit hesitant on which to get. <br><br>

I originally wanted to get the full kit from Authentic Props, but just not sure even with shims it would fit my frame. Feedback I got was it fit best for 38 inch waist. <br><br>

So a few questions I would appreciate to have help with, as I really want to get an order in (as with Rt-mod I may not be in armour until late 2016). <br><br>

1. Has anyone used the Authentic Props armour with a larger body frame? Works?<br>

2. AM or RT- Mod? Heard great things about both. <br>

2. What is the difference between types of armour (ANH Stunt, Hero, ESB, ROTJ ). Any recommendations?<br>

3. Where to get the parts not included in the kits?<br><br>

-Under-suit, <br>

-Boots, <br>

-Gloves,<br>

-Blaster <br>

-Holster <br>

-Neck Seal<br>

-Non-plastic belt components. Ie. canvas belting<br><br>

4. Any accessories that might help, or other suggestions?<br><br>

I want to get going on this as I am sure it will be a long time waiting to get the kit, but want to do it right.<br><br>

Thanks for any advice!<br><br>

Jim

Hey Jim,

I can't answer all but will give a try on some.

1. The new bigger AP kit hasn't actually come out yet. Mark is just getting the first sets of these kits out the door in the next week or so (I'm one of those waiting).

2. I've heard/read good things bout RT-Mod and AM. The thing about RT-Mod is there is a long waiting list and you would need to message asap as the list fills up for the year pretty fast. Not sure about AM

3. Take a look at the CRL stuff on the 501st website, they should have pictures and descriptions of the differences on each tk set.. I would link it but the computer I'm on doesn't seem to work well with this forum.

For all of the additional stuff, take a look at the for sale section here. There are a few runs now and again. Trooperbay is good for a few of those bit's and pieces, and there are a number of sellers that produces neckseals and other odds and ends. I'm not sure for the blaster as most of the vendors are in the US/Overseas and due to importation restrictions into Canada you run a fine line of what's allowed and not. I think AP is now selling blasters which may be a good option.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Hey Jim, as a bigger trooper(waist, not height,6') RT was my choice. I can say his stuff is worth the wait.His armor just seems stronger then others, I've seen other brands and how they feel.I did my homework and was glad I chose Rob's.You might need to add shims on the ab's. It fit my 36" waist perfectly. Good luck with your build and welcome to FISD.