Best place to get a TFA Stormtrooper kit for a Phasma build.

This is my first post here. I intend to make a Phasma costume that's 501st standard, and was wondering what would be the best option. I have worked with pepakura before, and wondered if that would work for an accurate costume. But buying a kit seems to be the better option. I would like to know if anyone has any advice on how I could build the costume. Or if there are any reasonably priced kits (£500 is the top end of my budget), and who to get in contact with to purchase one. Any info would be much appreciated

Are you looking at £500 ($750) for everything? If so then buying the pieces is not going to be your best approach! There are some good buckets out there selling in the $200-$250 range, gaskets will run $300 (unless you go cloth which is $125), boots and gloves are roughly $170, armor is $800+. That being said, if you find a kit (that is 501st approval) for under $750, let me know, cause I'm in!

You're better bet is to pep it, there are some good files on the forums now (may check theRPF as well). It will definitely require a ton more work, but will keep your costs much lower (cardstock, superglue, resin and bondo are pretty cheap)! Good luck!

Hello and welcome aboard, have a look on the RPF (Replica Prop Forum), there are some selling kits their a bit cheaper than Anovos.

Realistically if you bought armor, shipping, boots, soft parts and so on I'd think you would go over your budget, it's not a cheap hobby

Thanks for the replys. Found a guy on TheRPF who's selling some pretty good kits, so I will probably get one once I've saved up. I still need to look into what kind of boots I need for Phasma, but plan on making my own gaskets. I all ready have a pretty good under suit, that I use for my Halo costume. So it's mostly just getting a kit. I now realise £500 was a bit low, so I think is going to be more like £700.

You may want to rethink your budget. Seeing a Phasma being built firsthand I can assure you this is not an inexpensive costume. In fact I may be willing to suggest that it may reach Fett or Vader levels of budget. The caroming process is not easy nor cheap unless you already have access to some of the tools necessary. That and as the CRL is still not available you may end up with some things that may end up not being up to par (the cape specifically) <br><br>

Regardless good luck and be sure to document your progress as you may end up developing new and uncharted path that can help future troopers.

• Like 1

In fact I may be willing to suggest that it may reach Fett or Vader levels of budget. The caroming process is not easy nor cheap unless you already have access to some of the tools necessary.

i guess the chrome will do that! Dang! I need another job!