DSC03568.jpg

DSC03569.jpg

Also did a little shaping on the thighs

DSC03555.jpg

DSC03562.jpg

And finished the belt assembly.

DSC03547.jpg

DSC03554.jpg

At this point, the costume is complete and ready for submission. I've sent the CRL photos to Darth Aloha, so I'm just waiting to hear if they're up to snuff. I'll share my application pictures in a few hours.

• Like 2

Exciting times indeed.

Would have had app photos posted tonight, but the rubber trim on my torso plates decided it no longer had any business staying where I placed it. So that'll be my project for tomorrow afternoon.

Photos tomorrow, promise!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm sharing the link to my Photobucket album, containing multiple shots of each of my costume components for the CRL.

This is the one picture I managed to get before my u-trim started falling off. It's a little blurry, but you get the idea.

DSC03608.jpg

Mike, you armor looks awesome! I'm converting my Anovos to a Shocktrooper and I've been following your thread. 

What color/type of red paint did you use? It would be great if we could standardize on a type/color so everyone looks the same.

Mike, you armor looks awesome! I'm converting my Anovos to a Shocktrooper and I've been following your thread.

What color/type of red paint did you use? It would be great if we could standardize on a type/color so everyone looks the same.

Thank you sir! I used Rustoleum Gloss Apple Red, but I've gotten a few comments saying that the game's red appears to be a bit darker. I'll be needing to apply more blackwash to my red parts.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I took the elastic out of the shoulder bells and got some shots with the new rifle yesterday. I just moved into a new place, which is a bit smaller - so I have to figure out how and where I'm gonna work on finishing this armor. It'll happen though.

20160504_165008-1.jpg

20160504_164911_030-1.jpg

20160504_164735_001-1-1.jpg

20160504_165345-1.jpg

• Like 1

Is that a Hyperfirm? By the way, love the shots!

Yes sir it is. It's a B-grade cast which is missing the charging handle and has a few minor imperfections, but it's still a highly detailed piece which I'd recommend if you're looking for something cheaper.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Yes sir it is. It's a B-grade cast which is missing the charging handle and has a few minor imperfections, but it's still a highly detailed piece which I'd recommend if you're looking for something cheaper.

Thanks!

I'm glad you like it! I actually ordered one not to long ago. ;)