Forearm trim question, ATA

boomer75

Hi everyone,

Assembling and trimming my ATA forearms, and I have a question.  I've lined them up at the elbow, and the wrist isn't lining up on the left arm  (right arm is aligned at both ends).  My question: do i trim at the wrist side, and do i follow the line i've drawn?  Thanks!

XpDyKwQ.jpg

diUJSYe.jpg

uZm06ii.jpg

Follow the line you have drawn, Mark.  BUT, make sure the raised ridge is the same width on both sides, top to bottom.  The one on the right in the photos looks a bit wide at the bottom.  If you have one, I would suggest using a "half-round" file to smooth down the return edges before using sandpaper.  Trust me, it works GREAT!

gpQyZiH.jpg

Thank you.  Joseph, I see what you're saying.  looking at the parts again, I think what happened is the halves overlapped slightly in the picture so the right side looks wider at the bottom.  Thanks for the advice on the file- I wouldn't have thought of that and it does seem easier than sandpaper.

Jeff- if I need to trim the length at the wrist, I would assume you would tailor the length so a rectangular embossed feature isn't cut through?