Will these Rivets work?

Will these rivets work for my knee plate, Ab armorplate, and kidney? They have a 7mm head. I have the punch for them, that separates them into 5 pieces to lock in place. Would I use a washer on the other side?

Cheers!

jDCoT7p.jpg

Forgot to mention that they are Tubular Rivets.

From what I found so far, they will work for knee plate and belt. So I am currently guessing that they will not work for in place of the Round Head bifurcated rivets that go on the Ab and kidney plates?

Cheers,

Jeff

I would stick with the split type rivets, Jeff, (see photo).  The reason being is that IMHO they will be tighter.   ABS is rather thin, and the post rivets could have too much space on either side and sort of rattle around.  These are pretty easy to use... simply drill out the hole to the size needed, push them through, use a screwdriver to slightly open the "legs", and carefully flatten them down.  Badda bing.

2VYAAZS.jpg

Photo courtesy of Tolo

If these are rivets you already have, I'd be curious to know if those could cut the shank to create a split rivet. If so, try it on a scrap plastic and see how it looks.

If have not purchased these yet, the split rivets that jj63 mentioned are very easy to use. And, Yes, you do use a washer on the back side.

Good call, Jeff, (wingnut65).   I completely forgot about the washers...  One step closer, Jeff from Calgary!  Looking forward to seeing your EIB application soon!

• Like 1