November 2015 Newsletter - Sith Edition

I was also thinking that in the section where we ask people to be part of the IPM maybe say that we're looking for graphic artists too not just NL help. 

When I hit the lottery

Chris and I may start a kickstarter for you.

My section is written and added to the first post. 

Many thanks for everyone's hard work on this one.

-Eric

• Like 2

Clint, would you be able to get a SLD edition banner by this week? If not I can just use the standard banner.

Might need to use the standard one. I've been busy at work and now planning a wedding. I could do it over the weekend but I didn't see when you planned to release this issue.

• Like 1

Oh I guess I should give Germain the award...

Tim: do you want to post what you just wrote in the FISD achievement award thread. I'll give him the award in the admin control panel once you do. Please link text instead of posting the URL when you do... and in the NL too.

-Eric

Do you want me to do that now? I'm guessing yes. Just want to verify.

I don't believe so. Clint's was in both locations when he received it a few months back.

Yep. It needs to go in the thread to keep track and announce in NL too.

I just didn't want to announce it without actually giving the dude the award.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'll get it posted there soon. I don't trust the iPad to format it properly, and I'm currently dealing with a four year old who is waging intergalactic war because I put milk on his Lucky Charms before he could eat all of the marshmallows out of them.

Ha. Please text me when you post it and I'll add the award. No rush. I'm getting ready for a mini armor party today in my tiny apartment. 

-Eric

Fix the link in the achievment award thread :)

Please use a URL tag too. 

Award granted. 

-Eric

Fixed.

And Fixed.  (I'm pretty sure, anyway)

Ok. Pumpkin will you be adding to this? I just have the advanced tactics session left to do.

I texted Danny a bit ago. No response. He's either hungover or trooping... or both.

-Eric

Danny said he'll have something by 1pm our time. If he can't get over his writers block by then please push it... push it real good. 

-Eric

Don't mean to post 3 times in a row, but I just went over this thread, since for some reason I wasn't receiving notifications for it (It was unfollowed).

I have spent a LOT of time on the Knights of Ren Facebook group, and spoke to Luke Daley a lot too.  I am currently building a Kylo Ren as well, which may be ready for the premier (although I doubt it could possibly be approved in time).

The CRL is terrible.  The photos in the CRL are worse.  There is a level 2 and 3, which is just plain comical, since half the stuff at the base level can't be verified yet.  The boots show heels (he has no heels), there is a midcoat requirement, which I think everyone has wrong, and the bucket image is actually an embarrassment to the entire legion.  It looks like papier mache. I don't know why they rushed this CRL, let alone had the hubris to create a level 2 and 3, but it's all a steaming pile of . . . shouldn't have happened as it happened.  Just my two cents.

Don't mean to post 3 times in a row, but I just went over this thread, since for some reason I wasn't receiving notifications for it (It was unfollowed).

I have spent a LOT of time on the Knights of Ren Facebook group, and spoke to Luke Daley a lot too. I am currently building a Kylo Ren as well, which may be ready for the premier (although I doubt it could possibly be approved in time).

The CRL is terrible. The photos in the CRL are worse. There is a level 2 and 3, which is just plain comical, since half the stuff at the base level can't be verified yet. The boots show heels (he has no heels), there is a midcoat requirement, which I think everyone has wrong, and the bucket image is actually an embarrassment to the entire legion. It looks like papier mache. I don't know why they rushed this CRL, let alone had the hubris to create a level 2 and 3, but it's all a steaming pile of . . . shouldn't have happened as it happened. Just my two cents.

I take great offense to that & I don't appreciate it.

The crl was not rushed. It took us 3 months to write it as well as an additional 8hrs of phone calls with the DL to get this finished. We went over all the images from all the trailers, vanity fair & EW shoots, and the production display from celebration.

Not only do you owe me an apology for what you said but you also owe one to Luke & Dawn as they helped with this project. As an XO of this detachment you should be ashamed of your self. With what you said you kicked the motto of troopers helping troopers to the trash.

Just my opinion. I contacted the DL about my concerns with no response. Sorry if it offended you. I feel it was rushed as there were glaring errors and horrible photos used. I have no beef with Dawn or Luke, or you for that matter. Your use of provocative language isn't going to change my opinion of it, and I didn't post in a public space, so I'm comfortable with what I said.