Vacuform size for styrene armor making

I found a local plastic supply, but they only have 12" x 12" sheets of styrene. Is that too small for vacuforming helmet molds? Or body molds? Would anyone know what size styrene sheets I would need to get to vacuform? I am trying to figure out prices to figure out my budgeting for my armor build.

I don't think you could get a helmet out of 12" x 12". The faceplate and cap-and-back are both deep pulls, so you will need the extra material to stretch. My vacuum forming frame is for 24" x 24". The pull area is more like 22" x 22". You may be able to go a little smaller, but not much. I get my plastic from an industrial supply company called Grainger. You can get a 48" x 96" sheet of 0.080" HIPS for about $64 and cut it into whatever size you need. You can avoid shipping charges if you can pick it up at your local branch.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If you can nest parts together strategically, you can get a whole suit out of 1-1/2 sheets. It took some practice to be able to do that. It shouldn't take more than two sheets at any rate.

Do you have a Grainger store or something similar nearby? The Grainger part number for the sheet is 3GXZ9.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by trooper96