Comfy's Phoenix Props E-11 Build Thread - Cant we Fix it? Lets find out!

Comfy Turtle

The time has come, both my E-11 from the great D-Day and my ATA supplied Armor has arrived, i've decided to finish the blaster before i move on to the monster task of the armor. but wait a minute, I'm terrible with crafts and projects like this! so sadly this one be one of those awe inspiring threads where you learn how to do it right.

This thread is to stop me from ruining a perfectly good E-11 Kit, Your my only hope!  :R2D2:

I've been messing with it barely after work for a few days but this is my first real day off to work on it

Here was my unboxing to make sure everything was alrighht, the folding stock is a little bend but nothing serious, i went ahead and painted the pipe black, i'm sure i'll have to repaint it or touch up some spots later.

r5NMxcY.jpg

So we skip to today and a few things and been done.

QZPUcMu.jpg

I've attached the magazine and the grip, painted the inner tube gun metal, but left the plug black. most recently i just plugged int the front of the blaster and the sights.

FjJZAdq.jpg

Other Side

37OasxU.jpg

Up Front

I used E6000 for the first time today, when setting up the iron sights the tip broke off so i tried to glue it back on but its leaning a bit. the seal cap broke so used more then i expected. i'm waiting for it to seal completely before i try to remove some of the excess, any tips for that?

my next big challenge i want to overcome is the metal bar for the scope stock, but i've never cut metal before, i hope my dremel can cut it!  :tkbig:

• Like 1

Nice work so far. I thought to use my dremel for cutting the rail but found it more controllable to make cuts with a small metal hand saw. I then cleaned up my initial cuts with various grated metal files. I don't have a workshop and the dremel kicks up big mess so I could afford to coat the furniture in aluminum dust! Plus I had a few close encounters with removing some serious flesh! <br>

Good luck. <br>

Your blaster is already starting to look like a mean fighting machine!

Time for a late night update.

So i've cut the rail scope, attached the scope and the counter box to them, and some more light painting that i'll probly redo later.

ssycHry.jpg

some issues that i've notice though was i cut the front bit that goes inside a bit to small so it wiggles. i added some E6000 to hold it in but i'm hoping as a repaint that it wont be that noticeable, i also had serious issues getting the counter box to stick to the attachment piece, so i added some regular super glue along with the E6000, its more noticeable then i'd like but no one would notice it from afar.

9zNNRYQ.jpg

also added the power cylinder, but forgot to add the end, hopfully theres enough room. again some E6000 showing because it slid as i tried to lay it down to dry.

so issues aside though i felt although i overcame the greatest threat to me, cutting metal, even it was aluminum it was my first time.

i'd like to move on to the folding stock, but as i took account of my remaining pieces last night i couldnt find the pivot anywhere! i'm hoping it will turn up soon or this could delay my build atleast a month with my vacation coming up.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Long delay, finally back from vacation and hoping to get some progress!  :)

heres my build as of the first of October, mostly finished except i need to install the magazine, a coil i bent to go inside the pipe but will wait till after final painting with the bolts, and the pivot replacement i'm waiting for. hopfully its just a attach and glue.

2pUKuXu.jpg

i've added the t-tracks, unfortunately rather unevenly. anyone know any way to maybe fix those?

I wanted to ask do you guys sand down the magazine a bit or just install it as is? it seems rather long but i wanted to ask you guys.

QIxZFOL.jpg

before i added the stock i noticed it was possibly warped or curved someway

Jq7IZEa.jpg

but then i tried to fix it and tragety struck

xGVAqBh.jpg

Any chance i can glue those back? i dont want to do it now since it will probably bend when i try to put the pivot into place.

Check out my build for a repair on the folding stock parts. Mine arrived damaged and I completely rebuilt it. Just a shim and some green stuff (or similar filler) and you will be good to go.<br>

Also, try contacting Derrek, his customer service is great and his may be a part that he covers for replacement gratis.

• 2 weeks later...
After finally getting a day off, and a heat gun later i finally finished and am happy with the result

Q8vXAkd.jpg

the T-tracks were a mess orginally but after breaking down and getting a cheap heat gun it quickly fixed the issues, definitely worth.

k9zgfW7.jpg

i had to sand down the excess tape stuck to the broken stock area, its seems good enough. though i wouldn't be surprised if it broke if i dropped it, so i'll try and take good care.

please continue to help me as next time i finally start my armor! :tkbig:

Awesome! Glad you got the stock fixed up!

I've noticed that a couple stocks have warped during transit, likely due to excess heat somewhere, but glad you got it fixed.

A heat gun is really worth the money when you build these things!

I noticed you decided to glue the counter on the alu bracket? You should drill 2 small holes and screw it on with the of the small screws that came with it. The glue might hold, but a screw will hold 100% :D

good eye noticing that, yeah i should, but i dont have much that can really get though the alu, the current holes i got i drilled at max speed with my dremel and by the time i was done i thought the thing was going to catch fire, so i'll definitely give it a try if i feel it getting loose