My First Build - ANH Stunt

Well, here we go...

I received my big brown box from UPS yesterday. I brought it down to my work shop, carefully opened it up, laid out all the pieces, and immediate became overwhelmed, both with a sense of excitement and and confusion.

This thread will serve as my journal of progression.  My TK manifesto, so to speak.  I hope to gain advice and tip, as well as new friends along the way.

I can say this right away though, the few members that I have been in contact with are nothing short of fantastic!  They have answers any and all questions that I have asked, invited me over to chat and give me tips, and provided me with suggestions and recommendations.  just a great bunch of people!

Words can not describe my feelings, knowing that my dream of becoming a TK is right around the corner.

thumb_IMG_9152_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_9153_1024.jpg

Edited by CWard911

I can not post pictures.  I do not know if this is a Mac thing or a photo bucket thing.  Is there another program or something else to use to get a URL?

Edited by CWard911

In photobucket you can choose DIRECT LINK. Use that here when posting the URL into your post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I do that, the image will show in the preview, but when I post it, it just shows a photobuckket image, not my picture.

Everyone, thanks for all the help!  A few minor changes and all is well.

Unpacked...

thumb_IMG_9154_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_9155_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_9156_1024.jpg

Edited by CWard911

I can not post pictures.  I do not know if this is a Mac thing or a photo bucket thing.  Is there another program or something else to use to get a URL?

This fixed itself too.  Weird...

Welcome to the AM2 club!  There are a few recent builds that used the AM2 kit like you have. A lot of stuff is already trimmed to where it needs to be, but there are still things that need to be trimmed down a lot more.  If you read from about page 8 of my build thread (linked in my sig), you'll see things that I had to trim down after I thought I was done.  Most notably the knee plate and back plate.

A word of warning: The kit comes with a jar of ABS glue... anything you do with that is permanent.    If this is your first build, I'd put that up on a shelf, and go buy a tube or two of E-6000.  That's a much more forgiving glue that is almost as strong as the ABS glue, but will still let you pull pieces apart if you need to.  The downside is that cure time is 12-24 hours depending on temperature and humidity, whereas the ABS glue is more or less instant.  Since you're going to be taking your time on the build anyway, and researching other threads before cutting and gluing anything (right? RIGHT?), you can spare the time to let the E-6000 set.  (:

Also, I love that you have the XXX "Pirates" poster on your wall.

Oh, you can put aside a few pieces that you won't use for a standard ANH TK build:  Two TD knee plates (diamond shaped), two smooth shoulder straps, belt with indents, belt rivet covers (all of them except for one of the sticks), the ice cream scoop and cheese grater hand plates, the ab button plate with divots where the buttons are supposed to be, and the separate metal buttons. Put all that stuff in a box, and ignore it for now.  (:

• Like 2

Welcome to the AM2 club!  There are a few recent builds that used the AM2 kit like you have. A lot of stuff is already trimmed to where it needs to be, but there are still things that need to be trimmed down a lot more.  If you read from about page 8 of my build thread (linked in my sig), you'll see things that I had to trim down after I thought I was done.  Most notably the knee plate and back plate.

A word of warning: The kit comes with a jar of ABS glue... anything you do with that is permanent.    If this is your first build, I'd put that up on a shelf, and go buy a tube or two of E-6000.  That's a much more forgiving glue that is almost as strong as the ABS glue, but will still let you pull pieces apart if you need to.  The downside is that cure time is 12-24 hours depending on temperature and humidity, whereas the ABS glue is more or less instant.  Since you're going to be taking your time on the build anyway, and researching other threads before cutting and gluing anything (right? RIGHT?), you can spare the time to let the E-6000 set.  (:

Also, I love that you have the XXX "Pirates" poster on your wall.

Oh, you can put aside a few pieces that you won't use for a standard ANH TK build:  Two TD knee plates (diamond shaped), two smooth shoulder straps, belt with indents, belt rivet covers (all of them except for one of the sticks), the ice cream scoop and cheese grater hand plates, the ab button plate with divots where the buttons are supposed to be, and the separate metal buttons. Put all that stuff in a box, and ignore it for now.  (:

Thank you for the information.  I am beginning the build tomorrow.  I will be starting with the bicep and forearms.  From all my reading and research, everyone has said newbies should be using the E-6000, so I went ahead and bought two tubes.  I do however need to get more magnets.  

As for the poster, haha, that is my wife's...

Great day today!  I got the pleasure to spend a lot of time with the one and only gazmosis.  The wealth of knowledge this man has is incomprehensible.  Lots learned, reviewed, and gone over.  Furthermore, parts trimmed, pieces fitted, but best of all, I am one step closer!

thumb_IMG_9194_1024.jpg