Does my back plate need more trimming?

I cut it out to what looked like the right shape, but now trying to join with kidney I see there are two 'wings' in the way (bottom tips). These don't follow the line of the kidney plate. 

27ij8xk.jpg

The pencil line is roughly where I think I should trim more - am I right?

1H1e4vS.jpg

Thanks - glad I asked before trimming! :)

I went ahead and taped the pieces together to get a better sense of how it all goes together - how does this look?

I started by putting it together like this:

XhPEfdV.jpg

9W1Y9tG.jpg

MnfoTnv.jpg

But it seemed too small (I 'tried it on' as best I could) so I made the gap between the back and kidney bigger. Is this too far? It seems I could open up the kidney/butt gap a bit maybe? What are the acceptable gaps for Centurion?

IfCU583.jpg

9W1Y9tG.jpg

YGrKlBz.jpg

Thanks!

So split the difference then? Go for about half that gap each?

These guys don't appear to have much of a gap at all - should I really shoot for no gaps between back and kidney? I might be able to do it if I let the butt plate ride a bit higher - or does the belt pretty much cover the lower gap?

EGLapEx.jpg

WuSlZac.jpg

Thanks!

Yeah your belt will cover the butt kidney gap, but it's alright to have a gap there. The back and kidney should be right against each other. So I suggest moving the kidney up a bit.

If you look at the two guys in the rear of the above photo you can see that the belt doesn't cover the butt > kidney gap at all. It sits right above it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk