Extra (by a few) large

I am a 34 year old who has been on the outskirts of the 501 since a trip to the Disney Star Wars Weekends in 2003. Frequently I saved money to get a costume and enlist, only to have a financial emergency. Now that I am financially solvent, I am a good bit over-weight. I would like to join the 501 and be a stormtrooper but realistically worry it's a pipe dream. Does anyone know how big these suits can get? A friend suggested I check with you all as they have seen some big guy troopers in the past.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's unfortuantely not a realistic way of fitting 600lbs inside a stormtrooper suit. They were made for people under 200lbs. But that shouldn't stop you, there are plenty of other costumes that will get you into the 501st which are far more flexible in the weight-range.

Thanks folks. You all have given me hope. I am awaiting a response from them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I first built my TK I was at 295 lbs and I had an FX which is pretty much the same size as AM.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Yup, AM armor.  You're still going to have to shim some, but not as much as if you went with one of the more screen accurate suits. I'm 240, and reach the very very end of the non-shimming size bracket with AM2.  (:

• 4 weeks later...

Did you order buddy? I'm in the same boat 6'1 260 pounds and thinking of ordering. I wanted ATA but I think AM is my best choice. I was aimed onto RT by the very nice guy at AT but from what I read guys our size do better in AM.

How long did it take for them to get back to you? I emailed last night and no response yet.