Tips for using Photobucket to post pics...

Hola!  I noticed that there are some folks who are having a bit of trouble posting photos, and thought I would share the way that I learned from Tony (ukswrath), to whom I am MUCH appreciative!  It may seem lengthy, and perhaps a bit complicated, but it's pretty straightforward and fast once you get the hang of it.  Put it this way, I can barely check my own email, and I picked it up really quickly.  If anyone notices anything that needs to be changed, or a shortcut, I would be happy to amend this post!  Hope it helps!

A quick foreword...

First, you will need do download Google Chrome or something similar.  I found it will not work with regular internet explorer, (not mine at least).  Also, you will need to open a Photobucket (Photobucket.com) account to host your pics.  It is really easy, and they guide you trough the 3 minute process.

Photobucket:

Once you have created your account-

1.  Look for the UPLOAD tab on the top task bar and click on it.

2.  This will bring up a box that says "Drag n' drop photos and videos here"

3.  Below this is a blue tab with Choose photos and videos.  Left click.

4.  This should bring you to your computer's photo library.

5.  Highlight (click) the photo you would like to upload, and hit Open.

6.  This will automatically take it to your Photobucket account, and put it in your PB Library.

7.  You did it!

Some additional notes on PB at the end..

To post photos:

In the text box, when starting a new topic or replying to one, you will see a small icon in the task bar above it which looks like a tiny Polaroid picture, (below the smiley face).  Then you:

1.  Left click, which will bring up a pop-up box that says Image Properties.

2.  Below that will be a box for the URL.  Leave it for now, but don't close it.

3.  Go back to your Photobucket account, and go to your Library or Album.

4.  Below the photo you would like to post, there will be some options...  Left click on the DIRECT option.

5.  After that, RIGHT click on the same option.  This will give you the choice to COPY.  Right click on copy.

6.  Go back (without closing PB) to the URL box.

7.  Right click on it, then left click.  Choose PASTE, then hit OK at the bottom.

8.  Congratulations, you have posted a photo!!

Some extra notes on Photobucket...

You can re-size. enhance, edit, crop, add text, and create your own "Albums".  Just follow the instructions they give.  BUT, and this is very important... If you delete the photos from your PB library, or move them to a different album after posting them, they will disappear from your post.  ( I found this out the hard way).  

Edited by justjoseph63

Your photos will also disappear when you just move them into another folder within photobucket. But at least you get a warning message for that.

If you have a smartphone or tablet, I find the easiest way is to use Tapatalk. With that app you can view most forums and post pics directly from the app. I know Tapatalk has FISD, Spec Ops, and biker scout forums to name a few. Just an alternative that can be used and cuts out a few steps.

• 1 month later...

Ok guys its making me upset I cannot post ANY pictures! I have tried with the above steps and I do not have the option to do step 4 in the posting pictures. Who's Idea was it to not allow a paste link in the message body?????? I think Keep It Simple Someone is how it should have stayed..........

On 8/29/2015 at 1:07 PM, TriumphTrooper8 said:

Ok guys its making me upset I cannot post ANY pictures! I have tried with the above steps and I do not have the option to do step 4 in the posting pictures. Who's Idea was it to not allow a paste link in the message body?????? I think Keep It Simple Someone is how it should have stayed..........

Hi Michael Photobucket changed their interface follow the steps below as the new step four ;) :

LDdY4uh.png

then  click lik in the picture ( automatic copy ) 

9g8nZHg.png

you should be able te do it ;) 

cheers

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021
  • Like 1