Zam's ANH Stunt AM 2.0 Build

LastZamWesell

Don't be nervous! That first score + snap really is like crack, you won't want to stop! 

Also, everyone here is SO helpful, if you're ever in a pickle or find yourself losing confidence just post some pictures and you'll get tons of feedback :-)

Congrats on the purchase! When is BBB day? ;-)

BBB day came a couple of weeks ago, but I was waiting until I had all the tools and supplies I'd need for the build, before beginning. I'm going to start with the helmet; I don't want to start with the body armor until I have a good under-suit, which I haven't purchased yet. I'm might also start with the TD and the gloves and hand guards.

post-17853-0-49284000-1437003057_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the AM 2.0 club. There is a lot of goodies in that box. I opened and closed it for 2 weeks until I felt comfortable to make my first cut which was the biceps and forearms. Once you make the first cut, all the nervousness goes away and the excitement begins. Research and learn the CRL as that is what you will either be approved or deferred on and ask questions. No one will steer you wrong and there are plenty of experts that will help. Good luck and looking forward to watching this build

• Like 1

I'm not sure about the AM kit but on my AP the 2 bicep halves are interchangeable with each other, same with the other 2 halves (which is mildly irritating, I didnt want 2 biceps with bumps). I would check some of the other AM threads and post your question there too, you'll probably garner a lot more attention that way

As for the gloves, I am not sure if I'm looking at the top or underside... If my memory serves me correctly, the original gloves had a diamond texture - I wouldn't worry too much about them until you're closer to completion :-) 

P.S. You can get different gloves for trooping after you're approved, so you don't have to get too attached to the "Approvable" ones - I'm getting some nitrile dipped black gloves from home depot, they're really comfortable and more breathable than the chem gloves. Also, much more form fitting, which is a big complaint people have with the rubber ones.

Don't hesitate to shoot me a PM if you get stuck! I'll do my best to help, I'm basically at the same stage as you  :P

-James

The gloves look good but after a while you will get tired of your hands coming out of them like prunes. 

I went to harbor freight and found a pair of black mechanics gloves "HARDY" brand  ( http://www.harborfreight.com/mechanics-gloves-large-62428.html).Don't forget your 20% off coupon too! My hand plates cover the logo but its easily removed with a little bit of heat. 

they are way more comfortable and look the part. 

Edited by Joe.Gravelle

Here is are pictures of my helmet, which I have taped together with painter's tape. It doesn't feel like everything is properly aligned. The face does not seem to be fitting correctly. The whole thing feels like it could pop apart at any moment. Any thoughts? The overlapping section on the left side of the face seems to stick out farther the the right side. I'm sorry about the photos; my computer won't upload photos, so I have to use my phone. All my photos seem to be to big, even after considerable cropping.

post-17853-0-04832700-1437494786_thumb.jpg

post-17853-0-37415200-1437495392_thumb.jpg

Zara, it looks ok to me.  I would start by drilling holes in the front-most dimples on the back of the helmet and the faceplate, and sticking screws through there, and seeing if everything stays lined up.  The plastic is way stronger than blue tape, and will pop apart if you let it... use the screws for force, Luke!

Have you glued the top and the back parts together yet, or is tape holding them in place?  If you look at this picture, and try to get this sort of view on both sides, you'll be doing good.

IpJR9nVl.jpg

Notice how the back piece lines up with the tail end of the trapezoid on top.  Get those pieces glued together before worrying about the faceplate. 

Make an Imgur account, if you have an iPhone or Android, there's an app you can use to upload pictures, then you can share those here.  I use the "Large Thumbnail" version for all of my posts.

I tried gluing the dome and back pieces of the helmet; I don't feel that it went very well.😥

To begin with, the two back trapezoids are not even; one sticks out farther(please click link for photos )

http://i.imgur.com/YjY8W2F.jpg

The 3600 glue went everywhere! Should I try applying it with a syringe?

http://i.imgur.com/zpBkRcw.jpg

Does anyone have suggestions for removing e6000?

Even the two pieces are glued together, there is a gap.

http://i.imgur.com/2gUrD2f.jpg

Rub your thumb over where you can see the glue (once it's dry) and that part should start peeling up. Then you can get it mostly clean. (:

If you think you can get the halves joined closer, by all means pull them apart, clean off ALL the glue, and start again. It might be helpful to put some strips of blue tape on the top piece, gluing them together, and sticking down the tape on the back piece before going for your magnets.

Rub your thumb over where you can see the glue (once it's dry) and that part should start peeling up. Then you can get it mostly clean. (:

If you think you can get the halves joined closer, by all means pull them apart, clean off ALL the glue, and start again. It might be helpful to put some strips of blue tape on the top piece, gluing them together, and sticking down the tape on the back piece before going for your magnets.

As Josh has said you can do over. This time place the glue 1/4"+ away form the seem, add magnets to hold sections together, run painters tape from the top section to the bottom section is several locations, I would suggest back center, left & right ear locations and traps. 

That should do it.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,<br>

I haven't posted in a while, but that doesn't mean that I've been completely idle... I've reglued the back and dome of the helmet; it looks much better. I also hallowed out the teeth. I'm not sure if the teeth look good or need more work. Thoughts? Please click on the like to see the photos please. <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://imgur.com/a/C27yR'>http://imgur.com/a/C27yR</a>