• 1 month later...

Seems a little expensive for a box, maybe a 'budget' box could be modified from something cheaper or even built from scratch from a flight case parts suppliers.

Just a suggestion!

Seems a little expensive for a box, maybe a 'budget' box could be modified from something cheaper or even built from scratch from a flight case parts suppliers.

Just a suggestion!

It's even worse when you see what they cost in the US  :angry:

I'm going to look at those semi hard suitcases I think.  Flightcase hardware is rather expensive.

Wow, and I thought $60.00 was a lot to pay for my 50 gallon rolling toolbox from Home Depot (DIY).  There has to be a European manufacturer of this type of equipment.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 7/19/2015 at 3:11 AM, justjoseph63 said:

Wow, and I thought $60.00 was a lot to pay for my 50 gallon rolling toolbox from Home Depot (DIY).  There has to be a European manufacturer of this type of equipment.

-----------

I checked for hours , there is a few but not as good as the one you find in the u.s.a  .... event more expensive without handle and less capacity

I live in a fishing village where nylon 'fish box's' are used for the fishing industry, I have found loads on the beach and made lids for them and used them as storage containers as they are extremely hard to break, I actually have loads of my star wars collectables  stored in them. Im sure they could be used or adapted into a really strong box for armor and wheels and handle added.

If not maybe sheets of nylon could be sourced  somewhere to scratch build a box, the nylon doesn't shatter like most plastic boxes like the ones available from local stores do, thats why I use the fish box's.

Oh yeah when they are cleaned they don't smell of fish by the way, before anyone starts cracking jokes about it! :P

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2015 at 3:11 AM, justjoseph63 said:

------------

is 50 gallon big enough for everything to fit ? thanks :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 3 weeks later...

Just discovered Plano Storage trunks. These look pretty good theres a new one where the lid lifts off or a slightly older one with a hinged side.  Both are about £55 on amazon UK. 

Anyone have an ideal set of internal measurements needed for an armour bin?

Edited by themaninthesuitcase