It's about time. (First Suit)

Finally! Earlier today my shiny SDS armor arrived. I have a Dan Laws helmet coming in soon and boots will be next on the list, but even without those components, the minute i saw this armor i said to myself "Oh, yeah, this is happening." The suit is second hand but still in great condition and although it is the original stormtrooper line (about 2000 CAD from SDS) i was about to get my hands on a set for a fraction of the price. Still some modifications i have to make to adjust the fit, but otherwise it's like a glove! 

w9hf9w.jpg

How does it look? I'll be updating this once i get better shots and get the helmet and boots, just wanted to get a pic to show my friends.

Edited by Schoober

Congrats Chris! Looking good. Just twist the forearms so the curved edge on the upper forearm part is on the inside. The 11 or 12 divot/hole track on the forearms should be on the outer/visible side. Same thing for the right bicep-smaller part on the inside. Once you get that set, attach the needed strapping to keep it in place. 

Hope you get the rest of your gear and start trooping soon! 

The bucket has arrived! Took a new pictures. Haven't affixed the handguards yet but otherwise all i need now is the boots. I also need to paint the V-lines on the traps and tears

e0s9yh.jpg

Nice looking armor, Chris!  If I may make a few suggestions, I would recommend buying some 1 inch thick foam padding (the kind for chairs) at a craft store and cutting it into 1 1/2 or 2 inch strips and putting it in the front, and perhaps sides of your calf pieces.  This will stop them from rotating.  Also, it looks as if your belt is hanging really low on the left.  If you don't have them already, I would suggest adding 2 or 3 snaps to connect your ab plate to your belt to keep it level.  If you need pics, just let me know.  Hope this helps!

Nice looking armor, Chris!  If I may make a few suggestions, I would recommend buying some 1 inch thick foam padding (the kind for chairs) at a craft store and cutting it into 1 1/2 or 2 inch strips and putting it in the front, and perhaps sides of your calf pieces.  This will stop them from rotating.  Also, it looks as if your belt is hanging really low on the left.  If you don't have them already, I would suggest adding 2 or 3 snaps to connect your ab plate to your belt to keep it level.  If you need pics, just let me know.  Hope this helps!

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm ahead of you on the padding, had some foam lying around and wrapped the inside of both calf pieces, it's a much more snug fit, but in terms of the rotation, that is actually just my natural stance, my feet usually default to pointing outward so that's probably why it looks like that.

Anyway, i took a few more pictures.

1531ukh.jpg

34e4608.jpg

2exlkwk.jpg

Another example of my stupid feet being stupid in the first picture. I've glued some velcro straps on the gloves so the hand guards are now affixable. All that remains are the boots, the neck seal, and maybe a conversion kit for the E-11. I'm also looking to paint the vertical lines on the traps of the helmet but i'm holding off on that because i don't want to screw it up. I do have a Thermal Detonator, but i was alone on this one and it really is a pain to throw on by yourself.

On a related note, i have 2 cracks in the breastplate, not huge, but it would be a shame to see them grow over time. Are suggestions on products or methods to makes repairs or am i just going to have to deal?

Edited by Schoober