Check my shins, please

So after going over the AM armor shin tutorial/ PSA I trimmed the fronts and taped them together.

Can you all help me verify that they are correct and which leg they go on. My shins aren't as full as some people so the while contour thing isn't working out for me.

W1OsKDa.jpg

Joe, have you decided what size cover strips you're gonna use? As for which leg is which, on the ankle the long side should go on the outside if I'm not mistaken. I have an ATA kit though but am pretty sure that's right. Also, for the backs make sure the cover strip is glued on the outside of the calf and velcros to the inside.

Are you going for EIB or Centurion, Joe?  If so, you will need the cover strips on the back.  You can go a bit wider on these, (mine are 25mm), which allows you to attach it to the armor, and leaves enough to attach Velcro to.  Also, don't forget that the overlap opening is on the inside. 

I have the fronts going on. I'm building a TD and maybe police officer but I'll shoot for just regular so no TK levels for me. I did leave the molded cover strip on the back because it seems to work for me on the back.

How do they look? Cover strips are being made now.

EUFfnnZ.jpg

They so rotate when I walk so I think some Velcro on the front of my boots might help stop that.

Are you going for EIB or Centurion, Joe?  If so, you will need the cover strips on the back.  You can go a bit wider on these, (mine are 25mm), which allows you to attach it to the armor, and leaves enough to attach Velcro to.  Also, don't forget that the overlap opening is on the inside.

The AM shins tutorial has it pointing out since the overlap was put on the wrong side

I had the exact same problem with the rotating thing, Joe... What I did was to use some I inch thick foam strips inside.  I used 2 inch wide in the front (toward the top section) and 1 1/2 inch wide shorter pieces on the sides, and it has worked out great, no more shifting!  Just "dry-fit" them with blue tape first until you get the desired effect.  I wouldn't recommend gluing them in, as they can absorb sweat, and eventually start to smell a bit.  I used Velcro, so I can remove/replace them down the road.

Thanks! I did add some Velcro to my boots and that is holding well. I do need to notch the backs of the shins. I'll get to that soon.

Thighs are glued up right now. It's coming together now!