Anovos crew - what else have you ordered already?

So obviously the wait for the BBB is going to be excruciatingly long and arduous... but I decided that it would probably be a good idea to start sourcing all of the extras to satiate my notoriously bad G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome).

So far I have ordered an E-11 from Germany with a real Hengstler 400 Eagle counter, real M38 scope, and real sterling mag.

This morning I also PayPal'ed a gentleman for a Hyperfirm DLT-19 - which should be here a heck of a lot sooner.

Also eyeing a pair of boots from imperialboots.com

What does everyone else have in the mail?

I'm waiting to hear back from TKBoots (Just sent them an e-mail today). I'll be getting my blaster from a site up in Oregon ----------------Ā the armor kit from ANOVOS, and some electronics for my helmet (Mic, speakers, sounds amplifiers to hear) from VoiceBooster. Super excited to do this, just gotta wait for everything to be ready and come in!

Ā 

I'll be going back to school and graduating in December, so starting late '15, early '16 I should be getting my stuff together. (Barring I can do it before Tax Season gets crazy!)

Ā 

BTW - It looks like the ANOVOS will be for ANH - Stunt and not Hero just from looking at the CRL for the helmet. Anyone have thoughts on that?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Waiting for my 3 BBB as well, so I've sourced my boots, blaster, and vox unit.

The ANOVOS bucket is definitely based on the Stunt helmet (four cut-out teeth and flat green lenses), even though the prototype has a lower brow trim than most of the stunt helmets I've seen. :smiley-sw013:

Shouldn't you guys wait until the Anovos kit actually arrives for you to see what you need?Ā  Ordinarily with any other vendor, it's a GREAT idea to start collecting everything you need while you're waiting for it to ship out.Ā  However, in this case, the TK itself is in question.Ā 

Ā 

But, it's up to you guys.Ā  Definitely, will need a blaster and boots.Ā 

Anovos "classic" = ANH stunt Ć°ÅøĖœÅ½

Ā 

Yeah, not even they know what'll end up coming with their kit, so I also think anyone choosing them as their first armor should wait to see 1) what they'll give us and 2) what needs to be replaced before accumulating the odds n ends. My ATA just arrived (!!!) so I have been doing so for that set.

Ā 

Electronics in helmets are usually functional, like fans to keep cool and microphones or even speakers too to be heard. It's fun to add realism that way, and lots of folks combine that with pads and black paint/cloth to look like the visual encyclopedia

Edited by charlesnarles
  • Like 1

Those are good points you bring up, hon143! In my case, I was just trying to scope things out and find what I would need.

Would it be a better idea just to get the blaster and boots for now and wait until the kit is delivered to know what else to get?Ā 

Ā 

Helmet electronics I've heard are really nice to have when trooping, especially with the fans to keep cool in the bucket.Ā  :smiley-sw013:

Regarding the bucket electronics, I HIGHLY recommend that you guys wait until you actually get the bucket to see how much extra room you have inside the bucket while wearing it. Ā Before I got my bucket, I bought helmet padding and the fans. Ā Once I got the bucket and assembled it, I realized that there wasn't all that much room inside. Ā Out of the seven pieces of helmet padding I purchased in a set, I could only use 2! Ā I ended up having to use spare thin foam pad from my wife's new boots packaging for the crown of the bucket. Ā Because, the crown piece from the helmet padding set I purchased was too thick. Ā With it inside the bucket, I could barely see out of the bucket.

Ā 

Then, I added the fans. Ā And, there was just enough room. Ā I'm glad I didn't order the comm, speakers, and mic! Ā No way it's fitting inside! Ā 

Ā 

As I've said above, getting the boots and blaster now isn't a bad idea. Ā All else, definitely wait to see what you can actually use and need. :)

Edited by hon143
  • Like 1

So obviously the wait for the BBB is going to be excruciatingly long and arduous... but I decided that it would probably be a good idea to start sourcing all of the extras to satiate my notoriously bad G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome).[/size]So far I have ordered an E-11 from Germany with a real Hengstler 400 Eagle counter, real M38 scope, and real sterling mag.[/size]This morning I also PayPal'ed a gentleman for a Hyperfirm DLT-19 - which should be here a heck of a lot sooner.[/size]Also eyeing a pair of boots from imperialboots.com[/size]What does everyone else have in the mail?[/size]

Where can one procure a DLT-19?

Where can one procure a DLT-19?

Ā 

I was lucky enough to snag one from a guy on here, actually. I've tried contacting Doopy's but no luck so far... seems like the best option at the moment is just to keep your eyes peeled and fingers crossed. I don't necessarily have plans to do a sandy but I like having the option of picking between the two. Honestly I'd like to start building them from scratch and producing them; I'm no prop builder but I'm fairly persistent and detail oriented. Who knows, maybe you'll see a build thread sometime in the near future :-)