Mixed armors trimming question...

Hola!  I need some advice on trimming, please!  I received the ATA chest plate to replace my current AM 2.0 one for my next level, (Centurion), but I noticed that they do not line up at all.  Since I can't expand the ATA, it looks as if I am going to have to seriously do some trimming on the back plate straps in order to get them to line up.  I have a heat sealing iron, and can put back the small return edge on the outside, if needed.  Or, will I need to order a new ATA back plate to match?  Many thanks in advance for any and all help!!!---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I received my AM 2.0 armor a few months ago, and they thought the chest plate that they sent would be "acceptable at all levels", but unfortunately it isn't.  I emailed them several times, asking about getting one that is acceptable, and they let me know that they were doing a run of ones that were, and would keep me updated.  That was 2 months ago.  That is why I went with ATA, and am wondering if I should just order an ATA back plate. 

Thanks for the pics, Clint!  Makes me feel a lot better knowing that I may be able to just trim down the back plate straps a bit.

You are correct, Christian, the old AM 2.0 back plate is only acceptable to EIB, but in Feb. of this year they re-tooled, and the ones that have come out since that are approved to Centurion, (I got lucky)!